Author Topic: Sierra Club  (Read 3358 times)

Offline ZiRT

• View Profile
Sierra Club
« on: June 14, 2008, 10:10:30 PM »
Apparently they're either too stupid, too lazy or too incompetent to remove me from their mailing list. Got another spectacular offer to join in the mail today, plus a couple of letters/petitions to sign which they would forward on to Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.  As usual, I put a nasty note in the self-addressed, postage paid envelope, stuffed it as full as I could and it'll go back in the mail Monday.  If they wanna keep sending me crap, I'll keep spending their money to send it back to them. Morons. Too bad so many people fall for their B.S..

There was one interesting thing I happened to see in their propaganda- a breakdown of where they spend their money.  Seems over 40% goes to "Influencing politicians".

Offline Sno Time

• Annual Subscribers
  • RIDE MEXICAN!
    • View Profile
Sierra Club
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 01:23:40 AM »
Apparently they're either too stupid, too lazy or too incompetent to remove me from their mailing list. Got another spectacular offer to join in the mail today, plus a couple of letters/petitions to sign which they would forward on to Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.  As usual, I put a nasty note in the self-addressed, postage paid envelope, stuffed it as full as I could and it'll go back in the mail Monday.  If they wanna keep sending me crap, I'll keep spending their money to send it back to them. Morons. Too bad so many people fall for their B.S..

There was one interesting thing I happened to see in their propaganda- a breakdown of where they spend their money.  Seems over 40% goes to "Influencing politicians".
[snapback]235360[/snapback]
Funny how that works, isn't it. And all the while John Sheehan is bitching about a $.25 PAC donation taken out of our NYSSA membership. I guarantee he's a member of the Sierra Club as well. I'm so sick of these hypocrite MF'ers I could puke.

Offline Trailbreaker

• View Profile
    • http://home.windstream.net/dougnrena/
Sierra Club
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 06:49:35 AM »
Put a brick in a small box, tape their postage paid envelope to it and than send it back.  That will stop things coming to you.

Then again, let them keep spending money sending you things, return the envelopes with their propoganda letters unsigned. You can be a financial drain on them, a small drain, but every dime you can make them waste is one less dime they have to use against us.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 05:42:13 AM by racerdave »
BPP--Beautiful Polaris, People

Chautauqua Lake Snowmobile Club

Home Security System designed by Bill Ruger

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
Sierra Club
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 05:42:32 AM »
TB, can you actually do that? I like that idea!
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline Trailbreaker

• View Profile
    • http://home.windstream.net/dougnrena/
Sierra Club
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 05:59:00 AM »
I have HEARD of others doing it, I have never used a brick. Some have gotten flat stones from me in their evnvelopes.
BPP--Beautiful Polaris, People

Chautauqua Lake Snowmobile Club

Home Security System designed by Bill Ruger

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • IRIS Contracting
Sierra Club
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 06:42:10 AM »
Put a brick in a small box, tape their postage paid envelope to it and than send it back.  That will stop things coming to you.

Then again, let them keep spending money sending you things, return the envelopes with their propoganda letters unsigned. You can be a financial drain on them, a small drain, but every dime you can make them waste is one less dime they have to use against us.
[snapback]235369[/snapback]

Seems to me a good drain would be for everyone to go to SC and all other greenie organization web sites and request information via snail mail. Some of the crap they mail out needs some hefty postage. :angel:
We could then turn around and lambaste them for using all that paper needlessly.
How would that look on the nightly news? :angel:
I understand the dilemma. Correct spelling takes time that could be spent licking the windows on the short bus.

nicksxr

Sierra Club
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 12:36:06 PM »
makes about as much sense as this

The AP (6/16, Spagat) reports, "It seems like an idea any environmentalist would embrace: Build one of the world's largest solar power operations in the Southern California desert and surround it with plants that run on wind and underground heat." Still, "San Diego Gas & Electric Co. and its potential partners face fierce opposition because the plan also calls for a 150-mile, high-voltage transmission line that would cut through pristine parkland to reach the nation's eighth-largest city.

they are against so much that they can't support any thing.

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
Sierra Club
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 12:55:37 PM »
spot-on kyle...

they don't want nukes cuz of potential disaster, they don't want wind farms cuz of migratory birds, they don't want hydro cuz the damn can cause damaged to local ecosystems, they don't want oil/coal for obvious reasons, now they don't want solar cuz they still have to run it across flippin wires to distribute it...  what the hell do they think??  we can just install gerbil wheels in the wall outlets to produce enough electricity???  what about the poor gerbils??  I guess its better than the richard gere alternative eh??

I do find it quite hysterical that every clean technology that is developed they immediately poo-poo and block this stuff with enthusiasm not seen in this country since Marilyn revealed her bewbies back in the 50's....

the hypocrisy is mind-boggling
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline Powderhound

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Sierra Club
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 01:10:36 PM »
spot-on kyle...

they don't want nukes cuz of potential disaster, they don't want wind farms cuz of migratory birds, they don't want hydro cuz the damn can cause damaged to local ecosystems, they don't want oil/coal for obvious reasons, now they don't want solar cuz they still have to run it across flippin wires to distribute it...  what the hell do they think??  we can just install gerbil wheels in the wall outlets to produce enough electricity???  what about the poor gerbils??  I guess its better than the richard gere alternative eh??

I do find it quite hysterical that every clean technology that is developed they immediately poo-poo and block this stuff with enthusiasm not seen in this country since Marilyn revealed her bewbies back in the 50's....

[snapback]235460[/snapback]
It's a sick, twisted, anti-evolutionary disease they have.  Ultimately, they are simply anti-human.  They feel the world would be better without us here.  They rarely follow their thought processes through to that end (likely due to lack of processing power to think that far out) but it's really what they're all about.  I personally fear environmental terrorists more than rogue nations.  If anyone is going to develop a disease that kills all humans, it will be radical environmentalists.
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
Sierra Club
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 01:44:10 PM »
If anyone is going to develop a disease that kills all humans, it will be radical environmentalists.
[snapback]235462[/snapback]
you've seen 12 Monkeys???
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline Powderhound

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Sierra Club
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 04:34:54 PM »
If anyone is going to develop a disease that kills all humans, it will be radical environmentalists.
[snapback]235465[/snapback]
No.  Is that the plot?
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
Sierra Club
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 04:38:09 PM »
[snapback]235465[/snapback]
No.  Is that the plot?
[snapback]235491[/snapback]
a sub-plot, but ya, more or less...  you've gotta have an appreciation of Terry Gilliam to like the movie, its kinda weird and off-the-wall, probably brad pitt's best acting job though...

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
    • View Profile
Sierra Club
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 08:04:28 PM »
spot-on kyle...

they don't want nukes cuz of potential disaster, they don't want wind farms cuz of migratory birds, they don't want hydro cuz the damn can cause damaged to local ecosystems, they don't want oil/coal for obvious reasons, now they don't want solar cuz they still have to run it across flippin wires to distribute it... what the hell do they think?? we can just install gerbil wheels in the wall outlets to produce enough electricity??? what about the poor gerbils?? I guess its better than the richard gere alternative eh??

[snapback]235460[/snapback]
It's a sick, twisted, anti-evolutionary disease they have.  Ultimately, they are simply anti-human.  They feel the world would be better without us here.  They rarely follow their thought processes through to that end (likely due to lack of processing power to think that far out) but it's really what they're all about.  I personally fear environmental terrorists more than rogue nations.  If anyone is going to develop a disease that kills all humans, it will be radical environmentalists.

Here you go.

The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement :floor:

http://www.vhemt.org/
LLAP