Author Topic: Lets get this started early - Porker 2011 or NY Invite ride  (Read 2606 times)

Offline snopork

• View Profile
Lets get this started early - Porker 2011 or NY Invite ride
« on: August 24, 2010, 06:50:29 PM »
When Tommie and I was out east last February there was talk about some of the NY group trying to organize a crowd to make the trip out to the Northwoods and the UP.   I'd like to get some chatter started up on it.  My thoughts are you eastern folks figure out what time works best for you to have the time and resources to come out and then we'll plan that date if you can get a group to make the trip.  If you guys can come out plan on stayin at the shack and that will defray some of the cost of the trip - just like you did for us.   I can actually put 9 into the shack and we have everything hooked up and runnin.   There's a 2 car garage with a concrete floor for any maintenance that may have to be done and for those who want to keep there sleds covered at night.    I'm sure i can go out on a limb and arrange for Dave to have a grill ready at the FLI for an evening when we are back early (wednesday or thursday night has worked best in the past due to local patron volume).

Anyway,  How about it Art(himiler), Chris(T Hillrider), Jim(OC), Jon (Jon4), Doug(trailbreaker), Vince(snotime), roady, killian and skippydoo and wife(skippy looks good with 50 pounds of snirt on his front side) and any others I missed. 

What Say?

I know there is quite a bit of interest from the rest of the Midwest derelicts to meander up and ride with ya akll
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 06:52:27 PM by snopork »

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
Re: Lets get this started early - Porker 2011 or NY Invite ride
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 04:06:15 PM »
I might even  get clearance from the tower to come up weds. night.  Does the guy down the road still rent his place out?
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline 6Mile

• Waconia, MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 11:05:39 AM »
Not that this matters that much as I am only one guy. But I have ether the last weekend of Feb or the First weekend of March penciled in for a trip to Mexico with the wife.  Other than that I should be able to get clearance.

The sooner we get the dates lined up the better off we may be.  I will check on the Goode house rental if needed I still have his contact information.
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you...

Sleds:
2013 Polaris Switchback Assault 144 800
2007 Polaris Switchback 600 Wife's sled
1997 Arctic Cat Puma DLX 340 has more time on it last  season than the above sleds.

MNUSA

Offline jon4snow

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 06:58:48 AM »
Andy, Kinda early for my winter schedule but I doo know that I have a banquet on 1-22-11 and USCC does not have their eastern schedule posted yet. I really want to race a few of the USCC races in the northeast this year, so as soon as that is posted I will have a better idea of my schedule.

Since my schedule is pretty dynamic, just post a date and lets see who can make it.

Jon
Buy American
The job you save may be your own