Author Topic: Polaris trucks from India?  (Read 7518 times)

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
    • http://home.comcast.net/~thnksno/
Re: Polaris trucks from India?
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 10:50:18 AM »
You want wealth go out and earn it, that's what makes this country great!

Problem is, this is almost becoming impossible to do, especially in today's political climate.

Offline Howie

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2012, 12:42:54 PM »

Problem is, this is almost becoming impossible to do, especially in today's political climate.
I bet 75% or more of the people with real wealth these days did not earn it. It was handed down to them.
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid!
You have 2 ears and 1 mouth. Use them proportionally!

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2012, 01:03:33 PM »

its more than just politics.  the wealth concentration in this country has gone far beyond what is good for the country.  the rich have gotten richer at an alarming rate while the middle class and working poor have seem very little increase (inflation adjusted) over the past 30yrs or so.  at the moment, the playing field is indeed slanted toward those that have shit-tons of money.  I don't begrudge them that at all, some day I aspire for my grandkids to move into their ranks, my job now is to create that third step that was started when my grandparent laid the foundation, my folks built the first step, and I've begun the second step and I'm relying on my two boys to build step three for them.  it is going to take generations.

the lesson??  if you make enough money and pay off the right politicians you can make your way even easier.
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline AdrenalineJunky

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2012, 01:57:59 PM »

its more than just politics.  the wealth concentration in this country has gone far beyond what is good for the country.  the rich have gotten richer at an alarming rate while the middle class and working poor have seem very little increase (inflation adjusted) over the past 30yrs or so.  at the moment, the playing field is indeed slanted toward those that have shit-tons of money.  I don't begrudge them that at all, some day I aspire for my grandkids to move into their ranks, my job now is to create that third step that was started when my grandparent laid the foundation, my folks built the first step, and I've begun the second step and I'm relying on my two boys to build step three for them.  it is going to take generations.

the lesson??  if you make enough money and pay off the right politicians you can make your way even easier.
Agrteed about the rich, but what to do?  Taxing the bejeezus out of them is just not right...or maybe it is?  Sports superstars and actors who make just ridiculous amounts of money strike me as the worst type of rich.  I'm sure there are other scumbags who lied cheated and paid off officials along the line to become disgustingly rich as well.  What to do?
Famous quotes;

Roady; "I just wonder why the big 4 can't produce somnething that remotely ready out of the box"

Myself;  "Even when working properly, the E/S on these cats sounds like a vintage scooby doo lunch box full of hotwheels getting tossed down a flight of concrete stairs."

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2012, 02:02:39 PM »

Agrteed about the rich, but what to do?  Taxing the bejeezus out of them is just not right...or maybe it is?  Sports superstars and actors who make just ridiculous amounts of money strike me as the worst type of rich.  I'm sure there are other scumbags who lied cheated and paid off officials along the line to become disgustingly rich as well.  What to do?
imho, increase the death tax slightly.  it will help dissuade generational 'hand-me-down' wealth.  that's about the only thing I've got.  don't tax people who inherit, and I'm just spitballing numbers here, under $10mil, if your estate is worth more than $10mil then everything above $10mil you pay a tax on, a stiff one, like 50-60% above $10mil (or what ever number would be appropriate).

that's all I got.
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline AdrenalineJunky

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2012, 04:42:11 PM »

imho, increase the death tax slightly.  it will help dissuade generational 'hand-me-down' wealth.  that's about the only thing I've got.  don't tax people who inherit, and I'm just spitballing numbers here, under $10mil, if your estate is worth more than $10mil then everything above $10mil you pay a tax on, a stiff one, like 50-60% above $10mil (or what ever number would be appropriate).

that's all I got.
I dont like the death tax simply because that money has already been taxed as it was earned....double taxation.  We already have a gift tax, so that keeps the rich from giving away fortunes during their existance.    Maybe encourage gifting via tax relief after a certain worth has been established.  Aint gonna happen, rich will get richer and moreso for the disgustingly rich.  Short of stealing their money (in a big way) which would violate their rights.
Famous quotes;

Roady; "I just wonder why the big 4 can't produce somnething that remotely ready out of the box"

Myself;  "Even when working properly, the E/S on these cats sounds like a vintage scooby doo lunch box full of hotwheels getting tossed down a flight of concrete stairs."

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2012, 04:44:20 PM »
I'm just spitballing numbers here, under $10mil, if your estate is worth more than $10mil then everything above $10mil you pay a tax on, a stiff one, like 50-60% above $10mil (or what ever number would be appropriate).

that's all I got.

As of January 1, 2013 the Death Tax goes to 55% of anything over $1,000,000.

IMOH, that will just make more money flee the country.

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2012, 04:49:25 PM »

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2012, 07:55:26 AM »
I'm just spitballing numbers here, under $10mil, if your estate is worth more than $10mil then everything above $10mil you pay a tax on, a stiff one, like 50-60% above $10mil (or what ever number would be appropriate).

that's all I got.

got any better ideas to reduce that wealth concentration at the top??  slowing generational wealth accumulation will help that.  while I disagree with double taxation, frankly we are "double taxed" on so much shit already, why TF should this be any different??  it would not surprise me in the slightest if I actually paid as much or more taxes out of my net paycheck on things like sales tax and etc than I did from my income tax.

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2012, 08:29:44 AM »
$1,000,000 is too low, you're not rich by any means passing along $1,500,000, but a lot of family farms and small business will get eaten up by huge corporate conglomerates that have no death or tax.

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2012, 08:38:31 AM »
$1,000,000 is too low, you're not rich by any means passing along $1,500,000, but a lot of family farms and small business will get eaten up by huge corporate conglomerates that have no death or tax.
kinda why I mentioned $10mil as the mark to shoot for.

Offline AdrenalineJunky

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2012, 09:09:16 AM »

that's all I got.

got any better ideas to reduce that wealth concentration at the top??  slowing generational wealth accumulation will help that.  while I disagree with double taxation, frankly we are "double taxed" on so much shit already, why TF should this be any different??  it would not surprise me in the slightest if I actually paid as much or more taxes out of my net paycheck on things like sales tax and etc than I did from my income tax.
yeah even the gift tax is double taxation.    Double tax on income side is BS and needs to end.  I see how they are looking at it.....the inheritor  has to pay tax on any income they get regardless of source.  How about a yearly earning cap?  Say 1 mil.  Monies over that amount would need to be distributed to other persons splitting the work load or profits.
I dont think anyone need to earn more than 1 mil a year.  I bet the voter mob would go for this bill.   hehehhehe
Famous quotes;

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2012, 09:21:49 AM »

that's all I got.

yeah even the gift tax is double taxation.    Double tax on income side is BS and needs to end.  I see how they are looking at it.....the inheritor  has to pay tax on any income they get regardless of source.  How about a yearly earning cap?  Say 1 mil.  Monies over that amount would need to be distributed to other persons splitting the work load or profits.
I dont think anyone need to earn more than 1 mil a year.  I bet the voter mob would go for this bill.   hehehhehe
our tax code is fubar from top to bottom, it needs to be scrapped completely and rewritten.

Offline 2qik

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2012, 12:07:37 PM »
People being stupid wealthy rich is not a problem in American society.  More people should be focused on their personal lifestyle and income goals.  Money is not a good way to score success in life.
Just a typical snowmobiler...

Offline 2qik

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2012, 01:29:59 PM »
The problem is those who can't support themselves or there families but think they are entitled to own cell phones, computers, cars, or whatever yet they need government food, heating assistance, education, etc...
Just a typical snowmobiler...