Author Topic: Republican Party disintegrating - who will replace it?  (Read 6570 times)

Offline snopork

• View Profile
Republican Party disintegrating - who will replace it?
« on: December 22, 2012, 08:50:01 AM »
Mid-term elections will spell the end of the republican party as we currently know it.  They will lose a majority of party candidates.  And any ability to function.

Retiring Republican lawmakers say it best.

The collapse of Boehner's tax effort "weakens the entire Republican Party," said Rep. Steve LaTourette, R-Ohio, who is retiring after 18 years.
"It's the continuing dumbing down of the Republican Party," he said, "and we are going to be seen more and more as a bunch of extremists that can't even get a majority of our own people to support policies that we're putting forward. If you're not a governing majority, you're not going to be a majority very long."
Republican consultant and writer Craig Shirley told The Washington Post: "The national GOP is now simply a collection of warring tribal factions."

It's also true, however, that Democrats this year won more House votes nationwide than Republicans did. And Republicans have lost the popular vote in five of the last six presidential elections.

Big statement here from a legacy

In June, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush said his father, former President George H.W. Bush, and Reagan would have a hard time being nominated by today's Republican activists.

Offline Up Late

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: Republican Party disintegrating - who will replace it?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 12:00:06 PM »
Tea Party.
Current Sleds in Stock: None. SOLD OUT!

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 10:57:15 PM »
Tea Party.
don't think so - tea party is why the gop is fallin apart.   after everyone gets a tax increase and a reccession - tea party is out , gop is out and we're at the mercy of one party.  Ya know - we have some family friends who are multigenerational family farmers and own several 1000's of acres of prime bottom land and rent more.  They are worth many millions.  They said they are 47 percenters.  Even tho they own so much valuable property and make an exhorbitant income - they are able to loophole any profits as deductions and pay no taxes every year and even show losses.  Their kids go to college on 100% grants cuzz they show minimum income.  The family patriarch who went to school with my father in the 40's and 50's says he doesn't think it is right - but his kids aren't about to not do it.  How many other multimillionaires do you suppose are 47%ers?  I betcha theres a higher % of millionaires and billionaires in the 47% bracket - thair  jest keepin quiet. Makes it easy to think of welfare recipients and ghetto dwellers as 47%ers
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 10:59:34 PM by snopork »

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 11:17:26 AM »
libertarian with any luck.

tea party and the far right religious whacko are what is killing the gop.
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline Up Late

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 05:30:57 PM »

The Tea Party is Libertarian. They are the only ones trying to change the fiscal nonsense in DC. It was good they didn't fall for tax increases without any cuts - like some in the GOP wanted.

It's also clear the answer isn't more Spend and Tax Democrats.

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 09:04:03 PM »

The Tea Party is Libertarian. They are the only ones trying to change the fiscal nonsense in DC. It was good they didn't fall for tax increases without any cuts - like some in the GOP wanted.

It's also clear the answer isn't more Spend and Tax Democrats.

the tea party STARTED libertarian, once it was co-opted by the republican party it became the party of the far religious right. 
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
    • http://home.comcast.net/~thnksno/
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 09:13:31 PM »
The tea party has only helped realign the GOP, it is not hard core religious by any means, the tea party fights for LIMITED GOVERNMENT and that is all.

I see absolutely no harm in limited government and enforcing laws we already have. Tell me how I'm wrong.

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 09:14:27 PM »
it became the party of the far religious right.

Show me where.

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 09:20:16 PM »
The tea party has only helped realign the GOP, it is not hard core religious by any means, the tea party fights for LIMITED GOVERNMENT and that is all.

I see absolutely no harm in limited government and enforcing laws we already have. Tell me how I'm wrong.

show me a group of tea partiers that are NOT right wing religious nuts and I might agree.  like i said, as soon as the TP was coopted by the gop it ruined the movement.  TP should have become it OWN political party instead of allowing themselves to become a caucus of the GOP

Offline Up Late

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 02:02:34 AM »

show me a group of tea partiers that are NOT right wing religious nuts and I might agree.  like i said, as soon as the TP was coopted by the gop it ruined the movement.  TP should have become it OWN political party instead of allowing themselves to become a caucus of the GOP

Where exactly are the Tea Partiers you say are 'religious nuts'?? There might be a couple as every party has them, but there is certainly no majority of them in the Tea party. Looks like you've fallen for the misinformation that tries to paint them with a broad brush of everything evil. They are for fiscal sanity and that scare the hell out of the clowns in DC - especially the Libs, RINO's and their friends in the press. If anything, some of the 'Religious Right' have tried to co-opt membership in the Tea party because they share the same fiscal goals.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 12:06:38 PM by Up Late »

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 09:51:23 AM »
I spend time between a handful of predominantly tea party affiliated sites, none of which has ever thrown scripture my direction. Yes there are posters who are faithful, but I've never once seen someone argue that Jesus is the savior and everyone else is going to hell. Instead these faithful folks will say something like; "All those children and adults killed at Sandy Hook will be in my prayers."

Tea party folks are however very critical of Islam, yes in part because Islam runs counter to all Christian/Jewish principle. How many savage child rapes, acid throwing attacks and abuse of woman rights does a Christian/Jew have to witness before they are allowed to say something regarding the "religion of peace?"

I agree entirely that de-secularization of our society is in full effect and that the GOP true to tradition is the last standing political party willing to accept Christianity as our forefathers once did, but I do not see the fanaticism you're describing anywhere, especially the tea party.

Here's the tea party mission statement... I see absolutely no religious connection, unless of course you can pull a Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton/Piers Morgan/Ed Schultz/Chris Matthews/Mr. Maddow correlation with some single word in the following that might imply religion or racism.

Mission Statement

Propelled by millions of Tea Party supporters across the country, Tea Party Express has become the most aggressive and influential national Tea Party group in the political arena. We are committed to identifying and supporting conservative candidates and causes that will champion tea party values and return our country to the Constitutional principles that have made America the shining city on a hill.

Tea Party Express is proud to stand for six simple principles:

No more bailouts
    Reduce the size and intrusiveness of government
    Stop raising our taxes
    Repeal Obamacare
    Cease out-of-control spending
    Bring back American prosperity

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 10:06:19 AM »
I bet 99% of the folks posting at the following sites would claim to be tea party. Go ahead and click through them, many are in the top 50 conservative blogroll. I will however submit that an underlying principle that every one of these sites does adhere to that "might" be considered religious, they are all most decidedly PRO LIFE.

http://iowntheworld.com/blog/

http://www.americanthinker.com/

http://www.breitbart.com/

http://www.canadafreepress.com/

http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/

http://legalinsurrection.com/

http://moonbattery.com/

http://sadhillnews.com/

http://www.thelookingspoon.com/

http://www.tsowell.com/

http://theothermccain.com/

Offline AdrenalineJunky

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 12:48:29 PM »
anyone religious is a nutbag crazy lunatic....right tony?   While I agree some muslim extremists fit that label in very small percentage......catholoism/christianity brings to table much more level headed and decent human beings than does the shallow alternative.    :c-n:

Interesting Statistics Contrasting Atheism and Christianity

In June, the Barna Group published a new study examining the numbers, lifestyles and self-perceptions of American atheists and agnostics in contrast to those who actively participate in the Christian faith. The No-Faith segment was defined as anyone who openly identified themselves as an atheist, an agnostic, or who specifically said they have no faith. Active Faith was defined as simply having gone to church, read the Bible and prayed during the week preceding the survey. The study says:
 9% of Americans self identify in the No Faith group (1/11 adults, or 20 million).
Only about five million adults, however, unequivocally use the label atheist and staunchly reject the existence of God.
 No-Faith individuals are younger, likely male, unmarried, college graduates, and earn more.
 The proportion of atheists and agnostics increases from 6% of Elders (ages 61+) and 9% of Boomers (ages 42-60), to 14% of Busters (23-41) and 19% of adult Mosaics (18-22).

Both No-Faith and Active Faith groups were equally likely to think of themselves as good citizens, as placing their family first, as being loyal and reliable individuals, as preferring to be in control, and as being leaders, and they reported comparable personal difficulties including serious debt and addiction. However, additional results show that there are some significant differences:
 No-Faith individuals are less likely than active-faith Americans to be registered to vote (78% versus 89%)
 They are less likely than active-faith Americans to describe themselves as active in the community (41% versus 68%)
 They are less likely than active-faith Americans to personally help or serve a homeless or poor person (41% versus 61%).
 They are less likely than active-faith Americans to volunteer to help a non-church-related non-profit (20% versus 30%)
 The typical no-faith American donated just $200 to charitable causes in 2006, more than seven times less than the amount contributed by the typical active-faith adult ($1500).
 Even subtracting church-based giving, active-faith adults donated twice as many dollars to charitable causes last year than atheists and agnostics.
 22% of no-faith adults failed to contribute any personal funds to charitable causes in 2006, compared to only 7% of active-faith adults.
 Atheists and agnostics were more likely to be focused on acquiring wealth than Christians (10% versus 2%)
 No-Faith adults embrace the description or perception of being at peace, less than Christians (67% versus 90%)
 Atheists and agnostics are more likely to feel stressed out (37% versus 26%).
 56% of atheists and agnostics agree with the idea that radical Christianity is just as threatening in America as is radical Islam, while 63% of active Christians perceive that the nation is becoming more hostile and negative toward Christianity.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 12:51:18 PM by AdrenalineJunky »
Famous quotes;

Roady; "I just wonder why the big 4 can't produce somnething that remotely ready out of the box"

Myself;  "Even when working properly, the E/S on these cats sounds like a vintage scooby doo lunch box full of hotwheels getting tossed down a flight of concrete stairs."

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 07:21:29 PM »
I spend time between a handful of predominantly tea party affiliated sites, none of which has ever thrown scripture my direction. Yes there are posters who are faithful, but I've never once seen someone argue that Jesus is the savior and everyone else is going to hell. Instead these faithful folks will say something like; "All those children and adults killed at Sandy Hook will be in my prayers."

Tea party folks are however very critical of Islam, yes in part because Islam runs counter to all Christian/Jewish principle. How many savage child rapes, acid throwing attacks and abuse of woman rights does a Christian/Jew have to witness before they are allowed to say something regarding the "religion of peace?"

I agree entirely that de-secularization of our society is in full effect and that the GOP true to tradition is the last standing political party willing to accept Christianity as our forefathers once did, but I do not see the fanaticism you're describing anywhere, especially the tea party.

Here's the tea party mission statement... I see absolutely no religious connection, unless of course you can pull a Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton/Piers Morgan/Ed Schultz/Chris Matthews/Mr. Maddow correlation with some single word in the following that might imply religion or racism.

Mission Statement

Propelled by millions of Tea Party supporters across the country, Tea Party Express has become the most aggressive and influential national Tea Party group in the political arena. We are committed to identifying and supporting conservative candidates and causes that will champion tea party values and return our country to the Constitutional principles that have made America the shining city on a hill.

Tea Party Express is proud to stand for six simple principles:

No more bailouts
    Reduce the size and intrusiveness of government
    Stop raising our taxes
    Repeal Obamacare
    Cease out-of-control spending
    Bring back American prosperity

Shining city on a hill was used by Reagan who borrowed it from a 1630 Sermon by a Puritan minister.

Just because someone professes to be Christian does not make them immune from being a wingnut.  The good thing about Christians is they tend to self govern.  The wingnuts are pushed to outsides of mainstream and shunned.  Not so in many other religions(espeically Islam).  The Tea party 6 point message above is pretty much GOP talking points, IE repeal ObamaCare, Don't raise taxes, and control spending. 

I really have a hard time truly differentiating between Tea Party and GOP Plank. 

JOB CREATION:

It states that the best jobs program is economic growth. We do not offer yet another made-in-Washington package of subsidies and spending to create temporary or artificial jobs.

SMALL BUSINESS:

The GOP pledges to reform the tax code to make it easier for businesses to generate more capital and create more jobs.

TAXES:

We reject the use of taxation to redistribute income, fund unnecessary or ineffective programs or foster the crony capitalism that corrupts both politicians and corporations.

HEALTH CARE:

It states that a Republican president on his first day in office would use his waiver authority to halt progress in carrying out the health care act pushed through by President Barack Obama and that Republican victories in November would guarantee that the act is never implemented. It proposes a Republican plan based on improving health care quality and lowering costs and a system that promotes the free market and gives consumers more choice.
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 07:26:55 PM »
TP or GOP, whatever, the fact is they were massively out maneuvered during the election and in the time after the election around the so called 'fiscal cliff'.   The GOP needs to admit, that they have lost the argument and move on to things they can actually win on.  Bottom line, right now, the american public wants more benefits.  They would rather pay more (at least some segment) taxes than cut spending on medicare/social security bennies.  Sad, but true.  The GOP got beat on fiscal issues as much on social issues...
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "