Author Topic: Republican Party disintegrating - who will replace it?  (Read 6781 times)

Offline MNNavy

• Annual Subscribers
    • View Profile
Re: Republican Party disintegrating - who will replace it?
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2013, 09:51:42 AM »
be careful, Christie said he was willing to have a conversation.  Did not say he was willing to sponsor legislation or that he thought it was a great idea, etc, but what he was really saying is that you can't have a conversation just about guns, have to also include mental health, violent culture, etc.  The republican presidential candidates cannot let themselves be boxed in like they have in the past, IMO.  IE, Romney went too far to the right in the primary and could not come back to the middle in the general.
True, he didn't come out and say he was willing to sponsor legislation, but the context of the quoted piece indicates to me that he's not opposed to restrictions of some sort - if not an outright ban.  In addition, his track record on Second Amendment issues ain't the greatest.  Quite frankly, if he's the Republican nominee in 2016, I'll be voting for a different candidate - probably Libertarian.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with their own money.  --  Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2013, 10:00:30 AM »
yup, what he said. :punk:
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2013, 01:08:11 PM »
I don't think Christie will make it through and I think he has is a little bit of a loud mouth.  I would be hard pressed to vote for him as president, gov or state level is different.
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline 6Mile

• Waconia, MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2013, 05:35:04 PM »
Do you honestly think Christie will be around in 4 years?  Let's be real for a min,  I do not want to talk badly about his physical appearance, but since he was elected Gov. he looks as if he has put on another 50#.  His ticker has to be working over time with all the stress and his weight problem.  I seriously would be concerned  about him making a 4 year term unless he gets a bit healthier.

Although He could be a good Dead Pool contestant.  :devilsmiley:
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you...

Sleds:
2013 Polaris Switchback Assault 144 800
2007 Polaris Switchback 600 Wife's sled
1997 Arctic Cat Puma DLX 340 has more time on it last  season than the above sleds.

MNUSA

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2013, 05:44:38 PM »
he could prolly eek out a 4 year term.  The good thing is the pension cost for the rest of his life might not be too much, no Secret Service detail, etc... Just sayin..We need to pick come guys in their 60's and up so we don't have to pay so much for them to make millions on the book and lecture tour.  How about this, no pension after president unless you are not able to earn an income... Just saying, why do those guys get a pension when they make millions. Don't seem right. 
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline AdrenalineJunky

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2013, 05:55:01 PM »
boy, lots of fat discrimination going on here.  That guy could just as easily outlive all of us.   We should be more worried about a dumba$$, than a fata$$.  Christie seems strong to me......but yeah he will be slammed wholeheartidly by the left as their hypocrisy shines again on blind eyes....
Famous quotes;

Roady; "I just wonder why the big 4 can't produce somnething that remotely ready out of the box"

Myself;  "Even when working properly, the E/S on these cats sounds like a vintage scooby doo lunch box full of hotwheels getting tossed down a flight of concrete stairs."

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
    • http://home.comcast.net/~thnksno/
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2013, 08:55:18 PM »
This is all you need to know about fat boy Christie.

You reap what you sow. Chris Christie sucked up to Dear Leader during Hurricane Sandy, then bashed House Speaker John Boehner, and now the Democrats are swooning over the big guy.

Republican Gov. Chris Christie is more popular with Democrats nationally than with members of his own party,according to a poll released today.

The poll, by the Democratic firm Public Policy Polling, found 51 percent of all respondents view Christie favorably while 23 percent see him unfavorably.

Among Democrats, 52 percent have a favorable impression of Christie while 23 percent have an unfavorable one. Among Republicans, 48 percent have favorable view and 27 percent have an unfavorable view. From last month, Christies standing among Democrats has improved by 12 points, while his standing among Republicans has declined by 11 points, according to pollster Tom Jensen.

Is there an acronym for Democrat in all but name only? Because if Chris Christie is supposed to be some kind of standard-bearer for the GOP, well, the GOP is doomed.

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2013, 09:32:36 PM »
 :floor: maybe Palin or Romney will be his VP - then they can get into the WH the way Biden did - maybe further if the dude blows his ticker or coughs a plaque  ball into his brain

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2013, 08:24:09 AM »
I'm telling you, we need a movie star or rock star. That would get some of the dumb people votes. God only knows, there are a lot of dumb people out there.  :wacko:

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2013, 08:51:22 AM »
boy, lots of fat discrimination going on here.  That guy could just as easily outlive all of us.   We should be more worried about a dumba$$, than a fata$$.  Christie seems strong to me......but yeah he will be slammed wholeheartidly by the left as their hypocrisy shines again on blind eyes....

he will get slammed by the hard right for being far to moderate.  the left of course will demonize any republican, but christie can't survive a republican primary 'cuz he's not "conservative enough"
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2013, 08:52:56 AM »
I'm telling you, we need a movie star or rock star. That would get some of the dumb people votes. God only knows, there are a lot of dumb people out there.  :wacko:

I'm all for the Ted Nugent/Angie Harmon ticket!!!

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2013, 09:26:51 AM »
Ron Jeremy's a big prick - maybe he shude run.......probably get a majority of the female vote and he kinda looks like Christie     

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
    • http://home.comcast.net/~thnksno/
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2013, 10:35:55 AM »
The Republicans NEED this guy to compete with demonrats.

I present; Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2013, 10:42:14 AM »

Offline 6Mile

• Waconia, MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2013, 10:20:15 AM »
Who is the fine lass in the upper left corner of that pic?
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you...

Sleds:
2013 Polaris Switchback Assault 144 800
2007 Polaris Switchback 600 Wife's sled
1997 Arctic Cat Puma DLX 340 has more time on it last  season than the above sleds.

MNUSA