Author Topic: Keepin' it real  (Read 1072 times)

Offline ZiRT

• View Profile
Keepin' it real
« on: January 23, 2013, 12:31:08 PM »
The wife has back issues (herniations-one surgically repaired a few years ago), so I wanted to get her onto something newer and more ergo friendly than her 05 Sabrecat. We looked at new/leftovers, but with the winters the way they are (no snow last year, very little so far this year) and the prices (even discounted leftovers), we decided to wait. Then along comes this beauty- '08 600, e start/reverse, pretty much the equivalent of her S-cat only newer and in the TwinSpar chassis, and with the adjustable seat/bars.....and 674 miles on the ticker.
At less than half the cost of new, we jumped on it.
Now the wait for rideable snow.......

Offline 6Mile

• Waconia, MN
    • View Profile
Re: Keepin' it real
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 01:32:02 PM »
Congrats on the new iron.  We just need snow.
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you...

Sleds:
2013 Polaris Switchback Assault 144 800
2007 Polaris Switchback 600 Wife's sled
1997 Arctic Cat Puma DLX 340 has more time on it last  season than the above sleds.

MNUSA

Offline AdrenalineJunky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 06:41:52 PM »
Far more stable and confident than any firecat chassis sled.  If you should have any heavy steer, dart, or push issues, get into some slt ski's asap.....tune from there.  Cant beat the price of 5 y.o. sleds just as good, maybe better, 1/2 money, sometimes even less.   :specool:     
Famous quotes;

Roady; "I just wonder why the big 4 can't produce somnething that remotely ready out of the box"

Myself;  "Even when working properly, the E/S on these cats sounds like a vintage scooby doo lunch box full of hotwheels getting tossed down a flight of concrete stairs."

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 10:14:42 AM »
I don't think there is a 'warmer' sled out there than those twinspars.  they are smooth and comfy, excellent choice for a wife sled.  and the motor isn't particularly strong feeling, fast on top but not a strong hit down low (in stock trim), should be a great sled for her. :thumbsupsmileyanim:
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline AdrenalineJunky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 10:37:24 AM »
I don't think there is a 'warmer' sled out there than those twinspars.  they are smooth and comfy, excellent choice for a wife sled.  and the motor isn't particularly strong feeling, fast on top but not a strong hit down low (in stock trim), should be a great sled for her. :thumbsupsmileyanim:
I like the cat 600.  Fun motor.  High winding makes you feel like a sno-x star.  I may be pulling the trigger on a 03 pantera 600 to tour the local trail / lake system.  Mint w/ 500 miles for $2500  :eek:
Famous quotes;

Roady; "I just wonder why the big 4 can't produce somnething that remotely ready out of the box"

Myself;  "Even when working properly, the E/S on these cats sounds like a vintage scooby doo lunch box full of hotwheels getting tossed down a flight of concrete stairs."

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 07:55:03 PM »

Especially if you screw a touring windshield on it.   :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I did that to both my F5 and Z1.  The Z1 with the 4s has to be one of the warmest sleds I've had.

LLAP