Author Topic: It's a sad day for 2qik  (Read 2970 times)

Offline 6Mile

• Waconia, MN
    • View Profile
Re: It's a sad day for 2qik
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2013, 01:26:20 PM »
I feel ya.  Many people suck.  I lost all my connector trails over the the years around my "still in" childhood home.  I am now confined to my 2 acres, and a small field sized about 2 football field........and I dont ride in there long as complaints will arise.  My area here used to be very country like setting with avg property size 2~4 acre w/farms.  I had trails that led to all main routes and connected to go anywhere in state! Then the developers came in, one in particular....he was the block builder.  100's of homes within 1 mile rad, all on .25 acre or less lots.  Our townhall officials sure got their palms greased frrom this guy.  Depsite many many residents who tried to stop it, it went through and all our home values shot down due to older houses(moslty ranches/farm houses) in now semi-congested field of modern colonials.  Pure bullsh!t.   :ranting:
Just one of the dozens of reasons why I'm completely convinced that there's too many people in the world now.

I could not agree more, and the more that are packed in urban areas the more disconnected from the realities of the rest of the world they become.
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you...

Sleds:
2013 Polaris Switchback Assault 144 800
2007 Polaris Switchback 600 Wife's sled
1997 Arctic Cat Puma DLX 340 has more time on it last  season than the above sleds.

MNUSA

Offline 2qik

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2013, 02:01:10 PM »
Not only are there too many people, there are too many people who only care about themselves and have no tollerance for others.  Yesterday I attempted riding the ditches and edges of the road up to the trail.  I did get there but it was sketchy. If nothing I wanted to show I'm getting to the trail regardless of what happens with the access trail.
Just a typical snowmobiler...

Offline INDY6

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2013, 02:53:52 PM »
They turned my goat trail (linking to state trail) into a cross-country ski trail a few years back  :luxhello:

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN.

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2013, 03:17:45 PM »
They turned my goat trail (linking to state trail) into a cross-country ski trail a few years back  :luxhello:

Is that like the "North Country Trail" over here?

We can share with them but they won't share with us. :floor:
There are places they go directly down the winter motorized trail and cross it many times,

Some years ago  we were discussing a possible trail reroute with an earlier Superintendent.  He made the comment that we need to stay away from the North Country Trail.  When asked how far away he said, "Oh at least a half a mile but a mile would be better." I did enjoy pointing out to him that almost all of the State Forest is only 2 miles wide.   ;)
LLAP

Offline INDY6

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2013, 12:46:36 PM »
It's just a POS ski trail that the city of Hermantown put in.

I try to get out skiing a couple times a week and never use it, opting to drive another mile to a much nicer set of trails.
I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN.

Offline David

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2013, 02:23:10 PM »
Rewind back 25 years.  My girlfriend at the time was renting a house with 4 other college students.  The house had a 2 stall garage, the gals used one stall for parking and the other for storage.  I asked them one day if I could park a 1980 arctic jag in the garage as I had no place to store it.  They agreed.  A few weeks later I found a narrow billy goat trail a few blocks from the house that could get me to the groomed trail system.  I would take her snowmobiling 2 up on that old jag and we both got hooked on the sport.  Fast forward 6 years.  We're looking for our first home and we really liked the neighborhood from college days, so we buy a house about a block away from where she rented.  We had a couple 90's skidoos and rode them often, mostly to dinner after work and on weekends for fun, almost always from the garage.  Fast forward 4 years.  We have two young kids and decided it would be nice to have a couple newer sleds and a cutter to take the family, so we buy a couple late 90's cats and a cat cutter.  We pulled those kids all over the local trail system, cutter and all right up the old billy goat trail.  Forward 10 years.  The 2 kids have now passed snowmobile safety and the 3rd is in grade school.  We switch up machines again in favor of 2 early 90's jags the kids can ride safely with the family.  Due to school activities and sports the kids only get out riding a few times this winter, all from home to the local trail.

Fast forward last Friday.  The billy goat trail we have used to access the trail system for 25 years is fenced off with orange snow fence and posted private property.  The trail had been marked with the legal orange diamond for at least 10 years, maybe more.  I find the land is private and the club never had an easement on the access trail.  Not only did it get fenced and posted, the owner dropped several trees across the trail to make sure it would be closed.  There is city owned land nearby for a possible re-route, but for now my days of riding directly from the house are done.  I don't have to trailer far to access the system but I am severely bummed about losing garage access to the system. :'(

2qik,

Sorry to hear about your goat path.  When I was a kid the closest trail was "3 farms over" so Dad had to ride the side of the road in our township to get there when we went riding back in the early 70's.  During my HS days the trail got rerouted close to the farm so I was able to buzz throught the neighbors field and get to the trail.  Shortly after we bought 40 acres off my parents farm and built, the trail was re-routed again, this time across my parents farm.  Been that way for 10 years now and I'd be crushed without this access... I can feel your pain.   Sure hope you get something worked out.  Good Luck!
You're not the dalai lama of sled appraisals bro   :biggrin: :beer2:
You never see a snowmobile parked in front of a Psychiatrist office.