Author Topic: Jobs Numbers in perspecetive  (Read 4057 times)

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Re: Jobs Numbers in perspecetive
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2013, 12:44:44 PM »
I stopped reading after snopork used the words "megalomaniacal triumvirate" not sure what that means, but it sounded kinda cool.

As for el'presidente, I think the last (4) presidents sucked (2) D's & (2) R's.

I think we need to get out of foreign countries and stop going to war over other people's problems and start focusing on our own problems - over here - USA. "We the people" pay taxes, "we the people" ought to get something in return.

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2013, 12:47:04 PM »
Just did a google search. It wasn't as cool as I thought, but pretty cool use of big words ! You must be great at scrabble !

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 12:48:12 PM »
I did not think this was a political thing, more of a statement as to how different this recession has compared to previous.  As to who is to blame, IMO, very little of this rests  at either president (administration).  Like almost all systematic failures (that's what this recession was/is), it was a series of relatively small events that combined with a multiplying effect. 

Bad Fed Bank Policy -- Audit the fed..
Bad Government policy -- Vote the idiots in both parties out.
Bad Business Decisions -- Think fraud, and otherwise stupid risk taking -- there should be arrests and hell to pay
Bad Personal Decisions -- Think getting a HELOC for 50% of your homes equity when you only have 10% equity in your home(just because somebody offers you somethign, does not mean you should do it)... Or buying a house for 500k, when you make 30k per year.  I will caveat this, personal decision comments with the fact that the predatory lenders went after people who had little understanding of this type of finance, see Bad Business Decisions (arrests/hell to pay).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 12:52:03 PM by Kingpin »
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2013, 03:46:01 PM »
Just did a google search. It wasn't as cool as I thought, but pretty cool use of big words ! You must be great at scrabble !
i thought for sure yude google "trouser stogie"..........now ime let down

Offline AdrenalineJunky

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2013, 10:21:42 AM »
I stopped reading after snopork used the words "megalomaniacal triumvirate" not sure what that means, but it sounded kinda cool.

I think we need to get out of foreign countries and stop going to war over other people's problems and start focusing on our own problems - over here - USA. "We the people" pay taxes, "we the people" ought to get something in return.
Sounds good, but you forgot about one major issue when it comes to troublesome areas of the w2orld run by dictators or tyrants.  Think about this carfully.  "Deal with them now, or later"  Oh and know that eventually we will have to deal, the question is how long do you let them gain strength before you act?
Famous quotes;

Roady; "I just wonder why the big 4 can't produce somnething that remotely ready out of the box"

Myself;  "Even when working properly, the E/S on these cats sounds like a vintage scooby doo lunch box full of hotwheels getting tossed down a flight of concrete stairs."

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2013, 12:20:08 PM »

Sounds good, but you forgot about one major issue when it comes to troublesome areas of the w2orld run by dictators or tyrants.  Think about this carfully.  "Deal with them now, or later"  Oh and know that eventually we will have to deal, the question is how long do you let them gain strength before you act?

That's part of the problem. By being the world police (USA) we have become the dictator / tyrant. Our way or the highway.... How would you feel if China started placing military bases on USA soil ? Why do you think all these countries hate us so much? It's because we are there, occupying their land and telling them to change their ways to our ways. These areas are not USA, they will never be USA, so why are we spreading the cause ? Oh, and I should add, has it helped ? All these places are still messed up, even with our "help". My plan is to leave. Pull our troops. Pull our bases. Line them up and down our Southern and Northern boarders and rebuild America.

Let them kill each other, like they are going to do anyway.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:24:51 PM by greekboy »

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2013, 12:59:22 PM »

That's part of the problem. By being the world police (USA) we have become the dictator / tyrant. Our way or the highway.... How would you feel if China started placing military bases on USA soil ? Why do you think all these countries hate us so much? It's because we are there, occupying their land and telling them to change their ways to our ways. These areas are not USA, they will never be USA, so why are we spreading the cause ? Oh, and I should add, has it helped ? All these places are still messed up, even with our "help". My plan is to leave. Pull our troops. Pull our bases. Line them up and down our Southern and Northern boarders and rebuild America.

i like greeks plan.   without our bases a lot of european and foreign countries economies take a dump.  France should pay a huge stipend to us for giving them back their country - twice and so should Italy.  Well Germany should be paying for their reconstruction w/ interest as well as Japan and China falls into the "thanks for saving us" category too.   Bermuda should be a big military base for us 

Offline AdrenalineJunky

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2013, 03:23:14 PM »

We dont have have military bases in china.  Do you mean embassies?  We have ours and theirs all over.  Like it or not, we are part of the U.N.  We are not a tyrant, or a dictator....you have that way wrong.  We offer more help to the distressed than any other.  Sure, we spend too much on igrat countries that dont like us.  But, as spending as a whole, its peanuts.   I say crush do-badders befroe they get nukes, or commit genocide on their people.  Keep other parts of world sustainable and functioning so that not every ass-hat wants to move here.
Famous quotes;

Roady; "I just wonder why the big 4 can't produce somnething that remotely ready out of the box"

Myself;  "Even when working properly, the E/S on these cats sounds like a vintage scooby doo lunch box full of hotwheels getting tossed down a flight of concrete stairs."

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2013, 03:37:28 PM »

We dont have have military bases in china.  Do you mean embassies?  We have ours and theirs all over.  Like it or not, we are part of the U.N.  We are not a tyrant, or a dictator....you have that way wrong.  We offer more help to the distressed than any other.  Sure, we spend too much on igrat countries that dont like us.  But, as spending as a whole, its peanuts.   I say crush do-badders befroe they get nukes, or commit genocide on their people.  Keep other parts of world sustainable and functioning so that not every ass-hat wants to move here.

China was just an example of having a country come onto our soil and establish a military base. We would freak out if someone came here and said "we're helping you".  As a matter of fact, we did freak out when Cuba was allowing missiles to be planted there. Just our presence in places like that make us the enemy. We are hated throughout the world, make no mistake about that !

Not sure if I agree or disagree with trying to stop other countries from obtaining weapons of mass distruction. It's hard to yell "don't throw that rock" when you're holding a handfull of rocks.

At some point, to get out of this financial mess we're in, we need to throttle back on all this extensive spending. Foreign aid and a military presence throughout the entire world is bankrupting us.

The UN isn't doing their fare share of the heavy lifting.

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
    • http://home.comcast.net/~thnksno/
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2013, 03:49:15 PM »
I stopped reading after snopork...

Says a few hacks discussing slowing growth as being a recession earlier in 2007, yet every economist out there says the recession started 12/2007. Further, recessions are NEVER identified until after the fact, we had negative GDP 4th quarter 2012 (true definition of recession) yet nobody says we're in a recession today.

So I knew the rest was bullshit after that and.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFEoMO0pc7k

Offline AdrenalineJunky

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2013, 07:35:21 PM »

China was just an example of having a country come onto our soil and establish a military base. We would freak out if someone came here and said "we're helping you".  As a matter of fact, we did freak out when Cuba was allowing missiles to be planted there. Just our presence in places like that make us the enemy. We are hated throughout the world, make no mistake about that !

Not sure if I agree or disagree with trying to stop other countries from obtaining weapons of mass distruction. It's hard to yell "don't throw that rock" when you're holding a handfull of rocks.

At some point, to get out of this financial mess we're in, we need to throttle back on all this extensive spending. Foreign aid and a military presence throughout the entire world is bankrupting us.

The UN isn't doing their fare share of the heavy lifting.
We are the only nation on earth that lives by a constitution that allows for individual rights and freedom and justice..  If and when another country lives by such, they can have nukes too.  Until then, no way.   I say crush 'em.  Real sanctions first, then hammer down.  Iran.  n. korea.  next.
Famous quotes;