Author Topic: Great Quotes!  (Read 2592 times)

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
    • http://home.comcast.net/~thnksno/
Great Quotes!
« on: March 29, 2013, 02:31:15 PM »
Regarding the SCOTUS main agenda this week.

Gays were much more admirable when they were outsiders. Now that theyre pushing as hard as a dick up an ass for mainstream acceptance, theyre as boring and dictatorial as any other mainstream entity. I thought Id never see the day when turd-burglars make me yawn.

Ohits equality you want? OK, then, the two of you should make a baby. If you cant, were dealing with a false equivalency.

If Martians were to suddenly land in America, theyd look around, shrug, and say, Whatta bunch of fags before quickly returning to Mars. And who could blame them?

I think about 1 in 100 people are gay. Thats both gays and lesbians. I also think 10% of male gays want to get married and more like 40% of lesbians do. Thats 0.5% of Americans. Thats about the same number of American deaths that are gun-related yet were told guns are wiping us out. Were also told 1% of Americans are rich enough to bail us all out of debt. Could Americans be worse at math?

Offline AdrenalineJunky

• View Profile
Re: Great Quotes!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 07:58:08 PM »
truth be told, again.  Who's quotes?  With all these perverts wanting that religious sanctity called "marriage" and with all the willing douchbags in the press, and on the variety of courts....all having no porb with redefining any and all parameters of such, when will groups be able to wed?  polygamy is in!
Famous quotes;

Roady; "I just wonder why the big 4 can't produce somnething that remotely ready out of the box"

Myself;  "Even when working properly, the E/S on these cats sounds like a vintage scooby doo lunch box full of hotwheels getting tossed down a flight of concrete stairs."

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
    • http://home.comcast.net/~thnksno/

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 08:25:23 AM »
truth be told, again.  Who's quotes?  With all these perverts wanting that religious sanctity called "marriage" and with all the willing douchbags in the press, and on the variety of courts....all having no porb with redefining any and all parameters of such, when will groups be able to wed?  polygamy is in!

this is where you go wrong in your argument.  "Sanctity" is granted by a religious organization.  a religious org can say no to gay marriage.  they are not required by law (nor can they be required by law, constitutionally speaking) to sanctify gay marriage.  Govt does not sanctify marriage, it only takes care of legal ramifications.  according to our govt, marriage is a "contract" between a couple and the state that defines nothing more than a few things (tax status, probate issues, court testimony, etc), nothing that can't be handled outside of law with a civil union contract (yes, even for straight couples).  according to govt "marriage" is just another word for civil union.

govt should not be in the marriage biz in any way.  marriage should be between a man, woman, and god. period.  they (the govt) have no biz defining any religious ceremony in any way.  its about religious freedom, if a church wants to marry gays, that is THEIR problem and they will have to answer to god for it.  my church won't perform a gay marriage (even if it were to be legalized - which I suspect it will be in all 50 states within 5-10yrs), if they do I'll find a different church.  as a christian I an opposed to Christianity sanctifying gay marriage, but ICGARA how the govt feels about it.  my "contract" is with God, not IL.
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline AdrenalineJunky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 09:44:53 AM »

this is where you go wrong in your argument.  "Sanctity" is granted by a religious organization.  a religious org can say no to gay marriage.  they are not required by law (nor can they be required by law, constitutionally speaking) to sanctify gay marriage.  Govt does not sanctify marriage, it only takes care of legal ramifications.  according to our govt, marriage is a "contract" between a couple and the state that defines nothing more than a few things (tax status, probate issues, court testimony, etc), nothing that can't be handled outside of law with a civil union contract (yes, even for straight couples).  according to govt "marriage" is just another word for civil union.

govt should not be in the marriage biz in any way.  marriage should be between a man, woman, and god. period.  they (the govt) have no biz defining any religious ceremony in any way.  its about religious freedom, if a church wants to marry gays, that is THEIR problem and they will have to answer to god for it.  my church won't perform a gay marriage (even if it were to be legalized - which I suspect it will be in all 50 states within 5-10yrs), if they do I'll find a different church.  as a christian I an opposed to Christianity sanctifying gay marriage, but ICGARA how the govt feels about it.  my "contract" is with God, not IL.
Tell the pervs that.   If the there is no real difference, other than religous recognition, between marriage and civil union, than why all the fuss from the pervs and their willing pedalers?  They want recognition.  Like they stole the rainbow, they will take marriage, forget civil union.   Next.  Polygamy.
Famous quotes;

Roady; "I just wonder why the big 4 can't produce somnething that remotely ready out of the box"

Myself;  "Even when working properly, the E/S on these cats sounds like a vintage scooby doo lunch box full of hotwheels getting tossed down a flight of concrete stairs."

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 09:48:09 AM »

Tell the pervs that.   If the there is no real difference, other than religous recognition, between marriage and civil union, than why all the fuss from the pervs and their willing pedalers?  They want recognition.  Like they stole the rainbow, they will take marriage, forget civil union.   Next.  Polygamy.

civil union = marriage and conversely marriage = civil union.  are you worried about a word, is that your argument?  if we got govt out of ALL marriage it would still be "marriage", and I know there are christian churches that will perform gay marriage, I won't be a part of those churches, but I have the freedom to choose which church I will be a part of.  get govt out of all marriage and this whole 'gay marriage equality' thing goes away compeltely.
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 12:27:43 PM »
umm not to argue but if gov't is out of all marriages, civil unions and marriages would not be the same.  In effect all married couples would now be in a civil union rather than married in the eyes of the gov't.
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 12:55:01 PM »
umm not to argue but if gov't is out of all marriages, civil unions and marriages would not be the same.  In effect all married couples would now be in a civil union rather than married in the eyes of the gov't.

that's exactly the point i was making.  marriage is a word, nothing more in the eyes of the govt.  its a contract between the couple and the state.  marriage has actual meaning in the church, which is 1 man/1 woman.  not every cultural institution needs govt "approval" or sanctioning. 

Offline MNNavy

• Annual Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 09:01:32 AM »
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with their own money.  --  Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 09:34:14 AM »
Geez, 15 years ago the fear of AIDS shut everyone's butthole - but now all the sudden, it's cool and hip.   :thumbdown:

Honest truth. I don't care where you park your pecker. Just stop telling me that it's "normal" when 99% of the population doesn't do it.

As far as the word "marriage" goes, marriage is between a man and a women. The ONLY reason to ever get married is to have children / families. Since gay couples can't have children, call it something else, not to confuse people that drink beer and live a traditional life.  :beer2:

Offline AdrenalineJunky

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 11:35:35 AM »
Geez, 15 years ago the fear of AIDS shut everyone's butthole - but now all the sudden, it's cool and hip.   :thumbdown:

Honest truth. I don't care where you park your pecker. Just stop telling me that it's "normal" when 99% of the population doesn't do it.

As far as the word "marriage" goes, marriage is between a man and a women. The ONLY reason to ever get married is to have children / families. Since gay couples can't have children, call it something else, not to confuse people that drink beer and live a traditional life.  :beer2:
Its still an unhealthy lifstyle.  but we must ban sugar drinks, and let pervs put crap on their pecker and smile.

Tony needs to make his argument to the pervs, they dont buy it, and they want to take the word marriage....like they did the rainbow.  A thing of beauty to be marred with disgust.
Famous quotes;

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 11:44:04 AM »
Its still an unhealthy lifstyle.  but we must ban sugar drinks, and let pervs put crap on their pecker and smile.
I agree, but smoking, drinking, high sodium diets, and fast food are killing far more people that buttsex is, people need to make their own choices and live with the consequences.  all of that stuff combined is driving up the cost of healthcare with does affect all of our bottom lines, the economic impact of "unhealthy lifestyle" affects all of us, including simple things such as not wearing a helmet on motorcycles.  which is the argument that many states have successfully used for making helmet laws.  how much longer before they use that argument about healthcare choices and unhealthy lifestyle choices like alcohol, tobacco, and cheeseburgers?

Tony needs to make his argument to the pervs, they dont buy it, and they want to take the word marriage....like they did the rainbow.  A thing of beauty to be marred with disgust.

surely lost on most.