Author Topic: Boston Marathon  (Read 9480 times)

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Boston Marathon
« on: April 16, 2013, 07:32:40 AM »
Maybe too soon to start a political discusson about how stupid our President and Vice President are.....

As you can see, a full blown tragedy can happen without the use of a firearm. Maybe they could look into banning bombs ? After that, they should ban cancer ?

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Re: Boston Marathon
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 07:41:05 AM »
I have not heard any media spin on it, but isn't it odd that it happend on the tax day / deadline ?

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 08:29:22 AM »
I don't think anyone has ruled out domestic type terrorism at this point.  Regardless of that, it seems from the news accounts and the injuries/deaths that thankfully the bombs were somewhat relatively crude in nature.  Sounds like the bomb makers did not use H.E. at this point. Even though the injuries and fatalities are horrible to the victims, their family/friends and our nation.  It is truly horrible, but make no mistake it could have been much worse.

I hope our pols let the experts do their jobs and find the bastards.
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 08:31:45 AM »
on a sidenote - POS Sean Hannity couldn't wait to make a moral equivalency between the boston bombing and the gun control debate when he was talking with Mark Fuhrman.  what a douchebag.  theres a time and a place, this was neither.
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 08:55:56 AM »
Gun control ? What kind of AR was used in the Boston Marathon bombing attack ?

That is my point. If it isn't guns, it will be bombs or knives or bows and arrows or hammers or swords or daggers or rocks or cars or planes or boats or motorcycles or semi trucks or trains or sky divers or birds or dogs or cats or teenage mutant ninja turtles or whatever the hell will work. Some people are just crazy and will do whatever they want, whenever they want to do it. It's not the "gun" its the person behind it that is dangerous.

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 09:10:10 AM »
Gun control ? What kind of AR was used in the Boston Marathon bombing attack ?
kinda the point, it was foolish by hannity to even try to link the two topics at this time, wait a few days, allow heads to cool a little, but he just can't help himself, he's as bad for the right as chris matthews is for the left.  both are complete hacks.

That is my point. If it isn't guns, it will be bombs or knives or bows and arrows or hammers or swords or daggers or rocks or cars or planes or boats or motorcycles or semi trucks or trains or sky divers or birds or dogs or cats or teenage mutant ninja turtles or whatever the hell will work. Some people are just crazy and will do whatever they want, whenever they want to do it. It's not the "gun" its the person behind it that is dangerous.

I happen to agree.  just shitball timing by hannity to even bring it up at this time.  wait a couple days and start comparing the two, not while they are still washing blood off the sidewalk.
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 09:23:07 AM »
Maybe it was a "tax day" issue. Maybe the left is taking too much money? Maybe a democrate did it ? I bet you the CT shooter was a liberal. I bet you most of them are. I'd love to see a study that showed / proved my point. The people the commit these types of crimes think that they are owed something in life. Most of us just put our heads down and just bust our assess for what we have. The more you work, the more you get out of life.

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 09:27:29 AM »
Maybe it was a "tax day" issue. Maybe the left is taking too much money? Maybe a democrate did it ? I bet you the CT shooter was a liberal. I bet you most of them are. I'd love to see a study that showed / proved my point. The people the commit these types of crimes think that they are owed something in life. Most of us just put our heads down and just bust our assess for what we have. The more you work, the more you get out of life.

adam lanza was crazy and had some kind of mental disorder, so its highly likely he was a liberal.   :devilsmiley:

Offline AdrenalineJunky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »
on a sidenote - POS Sean Hannity couldn't wait to make a moral equivalency between the boston bombing and the gun control debate when he was talking with Mark Fuhrman.  what a douchebag.  theres a time and a place, this was neither.
Wow, you reall carry an axe to use onr consevative talk dont ya?  If you watched any one of the numerous left outlets you would see them ALWAYS use a tragedy to talk about progressive idiology.  Dont forget the darling barrack hussien putting up sandy hook parents on a pres address to further gun control.  You're biased my friend.

BTW, Sean is awesome.  I listen to him quite a bit.   :specool:
Famous quotes;

Roady; "I just wonder why the big 4 can't produce somnething that remotely ready out of the box"

Myself;  "Even when working properly, the E/S on these cats sounds like a vintage scooby doo lunch box full of hotwheels getting tossed down a flight of concrete stairs."

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 10:32:41 AM »
Wow, you reall carry an axe to use onr consevative talk dont ya?  If you watched any one of the numerous left outlets you would see them ALWAYS use a tragedy to talk about progressive idiology.  Dont forget the darling barrack hussien putting up sandy hook parents on a pres address to further gun control.  You're biased my friend.
I carry an axe for all political hack talkers, mathews, schultz, hannity, limbaugh, etc.  they are all hacks as far as I'm concerned, just hacks of a different flavor.  biased??  hardly, I noticed all the newtown bullshit, just like i noticed it on the other side as well.  sometimes hannity gets it right, but that doesn't mean he's not a hack, sometimes mathews gets it right, still a hack.

BTW, Sean is awesome.  I listen to him quite a bit.   :specool:
that explains a lot, really.  :P

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 10:35:38 AM »
Bottom line is, you can rush to judgement about changing a constitutional right, after 1-2 tragedies. 

We don't need new laws, we need some thought process and common sense in our current laws and political system.

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 10:40:03 AM »
Bottom line is, you can rush to judgement about changing a constitutional right, after 1-2 tragedies. 

We don't need new laws, we need some thought process and common sense in our current laws and political system.

common sense and decency would be great, god knows it hasn't been tried yet!!!

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
    • http://home.comcast.net/~thnksno/
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 01:16:56 PM »
You liberal nannies are failing to see the point.

While DHS, Congress and that POS POTUS have been running around flapping their gums violating constitutional rights and attacking law abiding citizens. Guess what?

Another freaking terrorist attack happens!

IDK if it was Al Queerda or some pencil necked geek named Adam Lanza. The people in charge are failing to do the job they're supposed to be doing!

Sure come at me now with, "well they can't watch everyone."

No, they cannot, but they have absolutely NO RIGHT to be hounding people who have absolutely NO INTENTION of doing what happened yesterday!

Better to fight for something than live for nothing.

Just the fact that POS half Kenyan barely choked out the word "terrorist" this afternoon SPEAKS FREAKING VOLUMES about this country's priorities!

Seriously Marc???? As if there's a lesser bomb? You sound just like every other POS liberal who's armchair QBing this mess by saying Al Queerda; "is more sophisticated than to have made the explosions we saw yesterday, so it obviously isn't a Muslim."

Get freaking real!

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 02:01:24 PM »
obvious outrage is obvious.  but thru all your ranting you provide no alternative solutions.  I for one absolutely refuse to give up my rights for the illusion of security.  cmon, 3 people dead from a bomb, guess what, 4 people killed in chicago over the weekend.  in a sick twisted way I'm hoping this shifts the national narrative AWAY from the gun debate and into terrorism instead.  (that is actually a bigger issue than guns, of course, jobs and the economy is even bigger still.)

you cannot hound people that have no intention without first finding out if they actually have intention.  thats kind of the fallacy of your argument.  you go after those that have intent, but in order to come up with who has intent you have no choice but to bother everyone to figure it out, be that thru profiling or police state/fascist actions.  the end result, be it a left or right solution, is an orwellian society once you get to the extremes.  govt isn't the problem here, nor is it the solution.

there is no 'solution' to terrorism, period.  when bombs can be made with household chemicals from homedepot or ace hardware and there is no shortage pissed off people with axe's to grind with either society, govt or whatever you have no choices left but to get all 'police state' on the citizenry.  and that ~always~ ends well for Joe Sixpack. :rolleyes:

these 'lone wolf' attacks are going to be the norm, not centrally coordinated attacks like 9/11, AQ has let go of the reigns a little and left it to the micro-cells to make their own choices on when/how/what to hit.  terrorism has evolved well beyond what we have been fighting over the past 10yrs.

Offline Up Late

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2013, 02:12:55 PM »
http://www.local15tv.com/mostpopular/story/UM-Coach-Bomb-Sniffing-Dogs-Spotters-on-Roofs/BrirjAzFPUKKN8z6eSDJEA.cspx

and another: http://reason.com/blog/2013/04/16/cellular-networks-were-flooded-not-shut

This is something not enough of the media is following up on - but most of the media is an agenda driven pack of monkeys humping the same football no matter what the crisis is. This time is no different. Their incompetence and ignorance time after time is way past old. Only a few are asking and researching the right questions.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 04:31:13 PM by Up Late »
Current Sleds in Stock: None. SOLD OUT!