Author Topic: Is This Acceptable?  (Read 2503 times)

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
    • http://home.comcast.net/~thnksno/
Is This Acceptable?
« on: April 24, 2013, 07:55:30 AM »

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Re: Is This Acceptable?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 08:09:02 AM »
Not acceptable, (without a search warrant). Still a little confused how the mayor told the entire city to stay home too ? Just a little odd. If the search took as long as it took to find binladen, people that live in Boston would have been stuck at home for 10 1/2 years...

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 08:24:59 AM »
I'm actually finding out that it is perfectly legal.

This country is really starting to suck as I see absolutely no justification for this without probable cause.

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 08:51:55 AM »
It appears to be legal, they were in pursuit of an armed terrorist aka suspect.  The idea of a warrant does not apply in this situation.  It would be a good idea though that there needs to be limits on this type of activity and that any searches are strictly related to the pursuit in question and not a fishing expedition, IMO.

Not sure what all the legal wrangling is going to look like, but, I have a suspicion that this ends with a needle in his arm.  However, wtf is up with the ft hood shooter aka terrorist? 

What is really messed up, is that the millitary can't seem to conduct a trial, while the civilian system seems to be able to prosecute these types of cases.  something does not pass the smell test.
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 08:52:43 AM »
I'm actually finding out that it is perfectly legal.

This country is really starting to suck as I see absolutely no justification for this without probable cause.

I understand the importance of finding a suspect, but if the homeowner says "no" (which we don't know if they did) then the cops need to walk away.  If they feel that the homeowner is hiding someone or something, they need to surround the home, provide the necessary surveillance and get a search warrant.

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 08:54:00 AM »
Great, now that it deemed "acceptable" do it and rid the USA of all illegal immigrants.

Done deal.

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 09:10:38 AM »
LOTTA questions need answering about the scope of how things were handled.  if they drug me out of my house and i had a little weed on the table would they be busting me for it since it was not within what they were looking for?  slippery slope there that i do not like.
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 09:34:27 AM »
LOTTA questions need answering about the scope of how things were handled.  if they drug me out of my house and i had a little weed on the table would they be busting me for it since it was not within what they were looking for?  slippery slope there that i do not like.

Wait, you got weed ?
We need to hang out more often.  :smoke:

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 09:43:00 AM »

Wait, you got weed ?
We need to hang out more often.  :smoke:

ATF is not just a govt agency, its a store front!!!
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 09:48:00 AM »
Legalized weed passed here in IL, but the CC law didn't.

Does that make any freak'n sense ?

The Illinois government passed the crime, but not the right. Talk about backwards ass politics....   :wacko:

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 09:58:54 AM »
IL sucks.

for what its worth, if they don't pass a CCW law in the next 5.5wks it defaults to what is called Constitutional Carry.  which is pretty much an open door to carry whatever/however you feel as long as it complies with Federal law.

here's to stalemate on that issue yo!!!!   :beer2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_Carry
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 10:07:52 AM by tony b »

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 10:52:20 AM »
What is really messed up, is that the millitary can't seem to conduct a trial, while the civilian system seems to be able to prosecute these types of cases.  something does not pass the smell test.

It is precisely because Dear Leader ignores the fact that these were "Islamist Terrorists." After all the Ft. Hood case was officially labeled "workplace violence."

What is even more messed up... Why doesn't "mainstream Islam" denounce "radical Islam?" I know the truth and have been describing it for days.

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2013, 10:54:41 AM »

Yes, you would be booked. It is already in case law, it falls under the premise of "plain sight" and you would have no Constitutional ability to fight it.

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2013, 11:14:30 AM »

Yes, you would be booked. It is already in case law, it falls under the premise of "plain sight" and you would have no Constitutional ability to fight it.
right, which is why this is bullshit.  its legal, but its bullshit.