Author Topic: 20 days left  (Read 8876 times)

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
Re: 20 days left
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 02:54:20 PM »
22 lr is the preferred Zombie kill ammo, it's cheap, plentiful (used to be) and is lightweight, can easily carry a lot on your person. 

By contrast a 100 rd belt of 7.62mm (m60 variety) weighs around 10-11 lbs per belt. 

Congrats on the new iron.  Sad to see that beretta usa is moving out of maryland after that state's gun law changes. 

Hoping to score a new 12 gauge pump for myself and possibly a 20 guage for the wife. Prolly get her the junior model so it is easier to handle.
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 10:24:06 PM »
I'm thinking of getting a "street sweeper" in 12gauge.  I figure if the zombies get too close in big numbers that baby will clear the way.  That Home protection Ammo they sell at Gander Mountain sure is pricey, tho - but when ya need it what else can ya do?

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 07:41:16 AM »
.00 buckshot will doo..
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 07:57:34 AM »
Seriously? WTF does a 90 year old widow need to go to a Chris Costa pistol employment course to carry?

when you have to resort to extreme examples to make your case your doing it wrong.

:floor:
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline MNNavy

• Annual Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 09:56:30 AM »
Sad to see that beretta usa is moving out of maryland after that state's gun law changes. 
I applaud Beretta USA for the move. Same with Magpul for their decision to move out of Kolorado. What I'm disappointed in is that Remington, Kimber, Colt, et al have not announced that they are moving their facilities to 2A friendly states.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with their own money.  --  Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 10:00:43 AM »
Sad to see that beretta usa is moving out of maryland after that state's gun law changes. 
I applaud Beretta USA for the move. Same with Magpul for their decision to move out of Kolorado. What I'm disappointed in is that Remington, Kimber, Colt, et al have not announced that they are moving their facilities to 2A friendly states.
give it time, it'll happen eventually.
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline ZiRT

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 11:17:05 AM »
give it time, it'll happen eventually.
Remington will be tough to lure away- the town, state and feds are all cutting them some pretty big breaks and they're getting lucrative military contracts. I live 3 miles from the plant- if Remington leaves, there won't be a town there.

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 11:20:15 AM »
if the anti-gun nutbags get their way they would love ot go as far as banning the manufacture of them.  or at least, over time, make it such a PITA to do biz there that it would warrant the move.  lets face it, NYS is a very gun unfriendly state.  if they continue pushing those crazy laws remington will move.  and it will destroy that town.  the citizens can thank their own state legislature for that when it happens.

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 11:28:02 AM »
the pols don't care, its a nit in the larger picture of their narrative of making people safe.  You have to break some eggs to make an omelette...
Why do people think they go after snowmobiles when there is absolutely no way that snowmobiles are the problem.  Why, because they are easy targets and distract people from the real business of government all while under the guise of safety or sustaining the environment.  The ends justifies the means, absolutely, in an ideologues mind.

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 12:04:12 PM »
that bill did not pass the IL senate.

9 days til constitutional carry is enacted.

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
    • http://home.comcast.net/~thnksno/
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2013, 08:22:56 AM »

Yes it did, it is on Quinn's desk and for the most part veto proof. But it is a chitty bill and extremes are the ones who need protection the most. 16hrs of Chris Costa pistol employment is not going to work well for the weak and frail... Plus there is 3hrs of renewal time every 5 years, I never spent as much time learning to drive a 2 ton weapon!

Here's a quick synopsis of why the bill SUCKS!

Why would you pay what is likely to be over $300 for a class, range time, $150 every 5 years, give up your right to privacy by letting police and who knows who else have a romp through your medical records, and wait over a year to exercise your constitutional right in Illinois only to be prohibited from doing so in virtually every type of place where a violent crime or mass murder has been committed in the the last 20 years? Just to give a bunch of money to the Illinois stooge machine and feel like Clint Eastwood?

Its already legal, and its been your right since the constitution was ratified.

I thought this bill would represent a deterrent to violent crime, and couldn't wait to participate simply for that reason. It will not at all. And in 5 years, the liberal-tards will be able to say, "See, no reduction in crime; in fact, we have an increase!" Because the criminals know just where they are likely safe -- on the same turf as always.

It would be interesting to have in Illinois any incidents where law-abiding citizens without a cc permit twart crimes and end violent offenders. Any such incident will serve as a deterrent to violent crimes and criminals -- 100 times more than this ridiculous bill and affront to personal liberty. Go feed the NRA and feel like Clint and feed the Illinois ridiculous machine -- for nothing.

I was almost sold on liberty. I was actually prepared to join the NRA. Now, only an imbecile would participate in this, and every time one of them does something stupid with a gun, it will make headlines that read,"Look what Illinois cc produced," and open the door for more ridiculous and unconstitutional legislation. Nice try, Mr. Phelps. I know you mean well, but guys like you don't have a chance. What a joke.

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2013, 08:45:18 AM »
massive pistole'

U22 w/6" - only problem is the psycho hoarders and preppers have scarfed up all the ammo.

who hoards 22LR - can that kill a zombie?

I have plenty of .22LR, I've bought nearly 7000rds from Wal*Mart in the past few months.

On Saturday I was at auction and they had a bunch of guns and ammo. RIDICULOUS!!!! Dude there paid $90.00 + 10% buyer's premium for ONE BRICK of .22LR that was possibly 2 decades old! There were actually 2 bricks up and he had CHOICE, the SOB took both! in all he paid $198 for 1000rds of .22LR.

As he was beaming a smile and leaving the room to go stash his new hoard, I ran after him. "Hey buddy!, Buddy! If you'll pay $100 for a brick of .22LR, let's trade numbers and I'll open up some ammo cans for you."

He says; "What, you don't think $0.20/round is a good deal?"

NO!

I then educated him on using the Wal*Mart smarty phone app to find ammo. The smart phone app works, it's a little cumbersome to work with but it shows stock status and prices. The online website has been dicked with to deter folks from using it to buy ammo. There's a way around it by using web developer tools and I've even published some crappy quality youtube videos about doing it.

In the past few months I've averaged about 500-600 rounds a week at NORMAL PRICES from Wal*Mart... So much so that just the other day I walked in and saw 5.56, .223, .45, .40, etc. laying there and I didn't buy any. I'm now getting picky as I'm looking for the cheaper Federal ammo and all that was there was Winchester. Further I've had to buy additional ammo cans to the point that I'm now de-boxing ammo and bought some special 8mil 6" x 6" ziploc bags to store it. I can get 100rds of 5.56/.223 and 200rds of handgun ammo in one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBW9-kgWBDA

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2013, 11:43:12 AM »

Yes it did, it is on Quinn's desk and for the most part veto proof. But it is a chitty bill and extremes are the ones who need protection the most. 16hrs of Chris Costa pistol employment is not going to work well for the weak and frail... Plus there is 3hrs of renewal time every 5 years, I never spent as much time learning to drive a 2 ton weapon!

Here's a quick synopsis of why the bill SUCKS!

Why would you pay what is likely to be over $300 for a class, range time, $150 every 5 years, give up your right to privacy by letting police and who knows who else have a romp through your medical records, and wait over a year to exercise your constitutional right in Illinois only to be prohibited from doing so in virtually every type of place where a violent crime or mass murder has been committed in the the last 20 years? Just to give a bunch of money to the Illinois stooge machine and feel like Clint Eastwood?

Its already legal, and its been your right since the constitution was ratified.

I thought this bill would represent a deterrent to violent crime, and couldn't wait to participate simply for that reason. It will not at all. And in 5 years, the liberal-tards will be able to say, "See, no reduction in crime; in fact, we have an increase!" Because the criminals know just where they are likely safe -- on the same turf as always.

It would be interesting to have in Illinois any incidents where law-abiding citizens without a cc permit twart crimes and end violent offenders. Any such incident will serve as a deterrent to violent crimes and criminals -- 100 times more than this ridiculous bill and affront to personal liberty. Go feed the NRA and feel like Clint and feed the Illinois ridiculous machine -- for nothing.

I was almost sold on liberty. I was actually prepared to join the NRA. Now, only an imbecile would participate in this, and every time one of them does something stupid with a gun, it will make headlines that read,"Look what Illinois cc produced," and open the door for more ridiculous and unconstitutional legislation. Nice try, Mr. Phelps. I know you mean well, but guys like you don't have a chance. What a joke.

the bill that passed is different that the one I wrote that quote about.  it passed both house and senate on friday.  not perfect, but workable.  far better than the nightmare that would have been constitutional carrry.

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2013, 01:34:57 PM »
I'm shocked the 16 hr class deal didn't include a psychiatric evaluation or something of that magnitude.  Than again, that should also apply to the politicians that wrote the bill.

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2013, 02:00:43 PM »
the bill that passed is different that the one I wrote that quote about.  it passed both house and senate on friday.  not perfect, but workable.  far better than the nightmare that would have been constitutional carrry.

Why do you give up and accept lame stream ideology so easily?