Author Topic: 20 days left  (Read 8719 times)

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
    • http://home.comcast.net/~thnksno/
Re: 20 days left
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2013, 08:20:41 PM »
In some cases, I do have an investment, I am almost guaranteed a greater payout anytime in the future. Others, not so much, but I've also consistently seen ho-hum 30-40+++ year old guns sell at "live" auction for considerably more than the original purchase price.

Either way, if I legally spent $10k on guns and these guns are now only worth $5k when it is illegal for me to own them... Why should I lose the right to realize $5k, especially if I'm now a felon or mentally ill, $5k might mean a lot to me or my family?

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2013, 08:17:48 AM »

Investments.... I like the way you think....   :mf_gap:
 :floor:

The whole reason to have a FOID card is to check mental status and crime status. If you pose risk, you're not supposed to be able to buy / sell / trade guns or ammo.  I also do NOT agree with taking them, you should be able to sell them or give them to family members, etc. Once your status is back in good grace, you should be allowed to take possession of your stuff again...

I'm a big proponent of the Brass and Lead 401k retirement program.   :beer2:
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
    • http://home.comcast.net/~thnksno/
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2013, 09:14:11 AM »

I am as well, although I'm also a big on gold, silver, aluminum and steel for diversification. Food and instruments to filter/sterilize water also have a supporting role.

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2013, 09:19:33 AM »

I am as well, although I'm also a big on gold, silver, aluminum and steel for diversification. Food and instruments to filter/sterilize water also have a supporting role.
gold was a good idea 8-10yrs ago, to expensive and in a bubble at the moment (imho)
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2013, 01:09:23 PM »

gold was a good idea 8-10yrs ago, to expensive and in a bubble at the moment (imho)

I'm thinking of sending Todd Hoffman (of Discovery's "Gold Rush") my resume.  :floor:

Bottom line, if you purchased any sort of merchandise (including a gun) in a legal manner (not selling drugs to get the money, or committing any other crime). That product is yours - period. No governmental agency has the right to take it away. If there was a middle finger icon on here, I'd use it right now...  :ohmy: