Author Topic: Syria  (Read 6870 times)

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
Re: Syria
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 02:35:03 PM »
All nations have agreed to not use WMD, Poison GAS.  Is this not reason enough to get in there and at least stomp those acts?

I think so.  If they were just bombing and shooting as usual, then let them continue as they have what seems like forever.
I'm thnking some of IRAQ wmd from 10 yrs ago made its way into Syria.  Let it fester and see how long it takes for the winds to blow that gas or other WMD our way?  I'm thinking we need to be more pro-active.
did they use 'em on us??  one of our allies??  feck 'em then not our problem
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline Up Late

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 11:33:31 PM »
Only Obama would try to cover up all his scandals with anther scandal.  :mf_laughbounce2:
Current Sleds in Stock: None. SOLD OUT!

Offline MNNavy

• Annual Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2013, 07:44:29 AM »
Only Obama would try to cover up all his scandals with anther scandal.  :mf_laughbounce2:
I'm pretty sure Bill Clinton tried to do the same thing.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with their own money.  --  Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
    • http://home.comcast.net/~thnksno/
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2013, 01:49:43 PM »
The funniest thing about all this? It IS Obama's war and what's he going after? WMDs! lololol!

We have absolutely NO BUSINESS getting drawn into this BS. The rebels are Al Qweerda based and Assad is a thug, there isn't a side in Syria the US stands with, except innocent victims.

I love it... Kerry says; "Unbelievably small strike."

WTF is that? Is he going to shoot a bottle rocket at Assad? Why bother if the strike is going to be "unbelievably small?"

Zerohedge however hits on Putins new strategy which basically makes Obama out to be the cummunity whoganizer he is.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-09-09/russia-launches-new-surprising-strategy-appeasement

As for the 1400 gassed including 400 kids... Cut that number by 4/5ths, those subhumans routinely STAGE for journalists mock rebellions, attacks, etc. for PHOTO OPS.

But, to put it another way if it is an accurate number. As of July 31st 1400 people HAVE BEEN SHOT in Chicago resulting in about 300 deaths, MANY of which are CHILDREN.

What's the difference if you use poison gas or cheap Hi-Points to kill kids?

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2013, 03:45:29 PM »
Who's the enemy ? We stand to kill as many women and children as we stand to protect.

No such thing as "smart bombs" they land where they land.

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2013, 04:34:51 PM »
There is nothing surgical about a tomahawk cruise missile or a JDAM (Joint Direct Attack Munition).
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2013, 09:03:44 PM »
@ SnowBeast, Do you think you can really reason with these folks?

http://www.albawaba.com/editorchoice/yemen-child-marriage-human-rights-519066

We need to move on, like we did almost 1400 years ago.

Offline MNNavy

• Annual Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2013, 07:40:08 AM »
But, to put it another way if it is an accurate number. As of July 31st 1400 people HAVE BEEN SHOT in Chicago resulting in about 300 deaths, MANY of which are CHILDREN.
While I agree with your overall point, I think you need to recheck your stats. July 31 was only 41 days ago. If your figures were accurate, that would be an average of almost 35 shootings and nearly 10 deaths per day.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with their own money.  --  Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2013, 07:46:17 AM »
Just like in Iraq, IF we attack - we've taken the element of surprise away by announcing our intentions to the media and grand standing in hearings.

For the future President Obama, if you plan on attacking another country - don't tell Oprah b/c she tells everyone else....  :whistle:

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2013, 08:21:10 AM »
While I agree with your overall point, I think you need to recheck your stats. July 31 was only 41 days ago. If your figures were accurate, that would be an average of almost 35 shootings and nearly 10 deaths per day.

The last update on the crime blog was July 31 as in Jan 1, 2013 through July 31, 2013.

Here's a more up to date source.

http://www.heyjackass.com/

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2013, 08:36:56 AM »
Crisis averted, Syria has announced it will turn over it's chemical weapons..  :lmfao:  Old Vlad really pulled one over the Banger in chief...Now the idea of weapons inspectors and securing this mess will turn to the next 3 years of Obama's presidency with rather well timed events to insure the US foreign policy is crippled to say the least.
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2013, 08:54:24 AM »
It's pretty comical that we're trusting one enemy to enforce rules onto another enemy. LOL.... Only in America..... and only with the worst president in our history.  :wacko:

Offline 6Mile

• Waconia, MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2013, 11:58:47 AM »
Like I said before, Putin made Obama and Kerry look like children before, but now he stepped up the game and completely made the Obama administration look like fools.  Give him props for taking the initiative.

This administration is doing everything it can to f-up everything, complete incompetence.  remember when Kerry was running for DNC nomination for president  All the hype about this international credibility and how he would be the leader the world needed?  Well He and Obama just proved that pontificating about an issue gets nothing done.  Putin took action and we now are in a position dictated to us by forces outside our government. 
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you...

Sleds:
2013 Polaris Switchback Assault 144 800
2007 Polaris Switchback 600 Wife's sled
1997 Arctic Cat Puma DLX 340 has more time on it last  season than the above sleds.

MNUSA

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2013, 12:50:17 PM »
the USA is no longer a nation that leads the way.  witness the decline of a nation beginning today.  I feel sorry for our kids/grandkids.
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2013, 01:10:50 PM »
I'm sure many history teachers will have good materials to show how you can screw foreign policy up.  However, we might not know the ramifications of this colossal screw for many years. 

Obama could have unwisely did a limited strike as soon as they verified it was gas that was used and been done with it, now this is gonna never die down in foreign policy circles..

He who hesitates ...