Author Topic: Lucas Oil  (Read 1146 times)

Offline ZiRT

• View Profile
Lucas Oil
« on: November 19, 2014, 08:02:01 AM »
Thinking about making a switch to the Lucas full syn. I've used Yamalube 2s for over 10 years, and never had a problem, but it's getting harder to find, more expensive, and one of my suppliers carries the Lucas at $45/6qt case.
Thoughts?

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
Re: Lucas Oil
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 08:21:19 AM »
I know several guys that have used some kind of Lucas oil for a long time. I think mainly because they could get it cheap.
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 08:53:28 AM »
I just found 2 qts of Yamalube that are around 18 years old and plan to use them because I'm a cheap skate  :floor:

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 11:49:15 AM »
I just found 2 qts of Yamalube that are around 18 years old and plan to use them because I'm a cheap skate  :floor:
just make sure you strain the flys and gnats out - they can plug jets and injectors

Offline ZiRT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 12:14:12 PM »
I've heard that if the bottle looks like it shrunk or is deflated looking, not to use the oil as something has evaporated out of it. Not sure if that's true or even important, but I had a case of Castrol that was older than God and every bottle looked like it was in a vacuum. It went into my shop furnace.

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 01:28:36 PM »
i've used other lucas oil products and they seem to be decent, I would give their 2s oil a try if the price was good.
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 01:42:14 PM »
I've heard that if the bottle looks like it shrunk or is deflated looking, not to use the oil as something has evaporated out of it. Not sure if that's true or even important, but I had a case of Castrol that was older than God and every bottle looked like it was in a vacuum. It went into my shop furnace.

Yes, these are also vacuum / sucked looking....  Screw it, I'll still run it in my older Polaris, that thing can take it !