Author Topic: Almost time!  (Read 2483 times)

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • IRIS Contracting
Almost time!
« on: March 19, 2015, 06:10:21 AM »
Had all the bikes out for their Pre-Spring shakedown rides on Tuesday afternoon.

I understand the dilemma. Correct spelling takes time that could be spent licking the windows on the short bus.

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Re: Almost time!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 07:50:20 AM »
Had mine out on Saturday afternoon, after I washed it and changed the battery. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 11:27:21 AM »
I rode the Triumph from the storage shed to the garage. Rode the Yamie tracker project from the garage to the storage shed, and rode the Hd from the dealer storage to the garage.
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • IRIS Contracting
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 04:51:20 PM »
Started out yesterday for a ride I figured I would be out for a few hours. I didn't like the way the bike started then realized the headlamp was not working and the heated grips were also down for the count. Came back home and decided that now would be a good time to swap out that wiring harness that I bought back in the fall.
These bikes are known for the bracket that mounts the hydraulic remote spring preload adjuster for the rear shock breaking and taking out the main harness if it is not noticed and my harness had been repaired so I spent all day yesterday and most of this morning ripping the bike apart and changing the harness.
While I was at it I fixed all the little things I did not care for that the PO did while installing accessory lighting, etc.
I have changed quite a few harnesses on bikes due to hackers butchering them but this was about the toughest one due to ABS, Injection, etc.

Good news is it starts and runs better than it ever has! Something had to be FUBAR in the harness repair.

Note the table full of parts on the right...

« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 04:52:55 PM by Phantom »
I understand the dilemma. Correct spelling takes time that could be spent licking the windows on the short bus.

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 08:06:58 AM »
Rode the HD on Saturday afternoon, but 3" of snow this morning  :banghead:

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 04:54:39 PM »
i drove by poopy's last week

Offline Rage'n Renegade

• Administrator
  • ~ Rage'n Renegade ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 06:31:55 PM »
We woke up to 3-4" of snow here on Sunday.  Was 3 degrees on my car when i dropped my son off at school this AM.

Still riding a sled to pull in some firewood.  Starting to get thin in the yard though.

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • IRIS Contracting
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 06:00:37 PM »
Finished up the bike a few days ago and changed the oil on mine and Lynn's this afternoon. Forecast is for upper 40s tomorrow... time to get out on the road!

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • IRIS Contracting
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 06:13:45 PM »
Wasn't quite as warm as they forecast but I got 75 miles in... SOLO.