Author Topic: It's coming  (Read 185 times)

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
    • View Profile
It's coming
« on: November 13, 2018, 01:52:30 PM »
Winter is working it's way in.
Out doing some last minute signing in several inches of snow yesterday.
The thermometer had a pretty small number this morn...    2.6 degrees.
Couple guys had a little below 0.
But Wednesday is supposed to be a high of 38 then pretty much stay under freezing.
LLAP

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Re: It's coming
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 04:30:27 PM »
Saw that the Western UP got hit with 30" of snow over the past 5-7 days.

Sucks for deer season that opens this week, and it doesn't help with snowmobiling until after Dec 1....

But hoping it sticks around and creates a nice base, if the hunting rigs don't totally ruin the trails in the next couple of weeks.

Offline buddah2

• Annual Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 06:33:23 PM »

Sucks for deer season that opens this week, and it doesn't help with snowmobiling until after Dec 1....

That's not entirely accurate....you are allowed on the trails during the season during the mandatory "lunch break" which I believe might be like 11:30 - 1:30 but I'll have to research those hours.....and pretty much anytime after dusk. Now I personally don't believe in sharing the woods with drunks with weapons so I'll just bide my time until the 1st..... :hypocrite:

Edit: ran across a post from MSA.....the lunch break is 11:00 until 2:00....legal during that time but ONLY on state owned land and some of that is off-limits....know your area and check beforehand

Also....we got somewhere around 7 to 9" here in the central U.P.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 06:46:13 PM by buddah2 »
"A man's got to know his limitations....."[/size][/color]

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 08:30:50 AM »
Yeah, I would suggest not busting someone's hunt. People wait all year to take that shot, I don't want it aimed towards me.......  :eek:

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 07:35:47 PM »
They only get a week or two depending on where. We have the rest of the winter.
Let them get stuck freezing $#*! down.
LLAP

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 03:49:58 PM »
Did a few laps on the property yesterday. We had 4-5 inches on the ground and got another 6-8 inches yesterday. Just farted around the yard and was able to adjust my secondary after installing a new drive belt. Hoping the snow continues to drop, as my first 7 day trip is scheduled to start the day after Christmas !  :snow:

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 10:41:23 PM »
Did a few laps on the property yesterday. We had 4-5 inches on the ground and got another 6-8 inches yesterday. Just farted around the yard and was able to adjust my secondary after installing a new drive belt. Hoping the snow continues to drop, as my first 7 day trip is scheduled to start the day after Christmas !  :snow:
my brother, I and 3 of our lads will be up the weekend after Christmas.  hope it gets good a few years ago it sucked until ny eve

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 08:31:29 AM »
my brother, I and 3 of our lads will be up the weekend after Christmas.  hope it gets good a few years ago it sucked until ny eve

I'll be up the day after x-mas until new years day.
Maybe we'z can link up in Watersmeet, MI one of those days.... Think that's the half way mark between greek - pork shacks

Offline Hal

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 11:05:03 PM »
No snow here on the Northside of the twin cities, but my ATV is completely full of cattails from breaking trail. I am ready.
Hal