Author Topic: First ride  (Read 551 times)

Offline Hal

• View Profile
Re: First ride
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2019, 02:08:40 PM »
We have enough snow now that there is plenty to groom. I went across Peltier Lake yesterday and was concerned that I would make it across with the 18" of fluffy snow on top of the slippery ice underneath. I have 195 miles on the new sled so far and a happy sledder.

Very nice !

I was sure we'd all be doomed with new sled purchases (of having a bad snow year) but so far, I've had some pretty decent conditions by me in the UP !
Trip #4 is this weekend  :thumbsupsmileyanim:
We got another 5" or more of new snow last night and should have over 2 feet of snow so far this month just north of the twin cities. It is getting to the point where I don't dare do any off trail riding, especially on lakes. I have snow shoveling duty at church, plus cleaning mine and a couple other driveways. Too tired to go sledding today.
Hal

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2019, 08:18:00 AM »
30" of new snow by me in a two week period.  :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Offline Hal

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2019, 03:46:21 PM »
30" of new snow by me in a two week period.  :thumbsupsmileyanim:
We should be at or over 30" of snow in February after the snowstorm today. There is much more snow in the forecast for the rest of the month. The previous record for February was 26.9".
Hal

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2019, 07:18:02 AM »
People are still trail riding near my place, but this week is going to be a real challenge with temps in the mid 50's during the day.....