Author Topic: Checking in  (Read 141 times)

Offline 6Mile

• Waconia, MN
    • View Profile
Checking in
« on: October 01, 2019, 11:06:03 AM »
A new season is upon us and I though i would check to how many of the members are still here.  It has been a while since I checked in to this site for sure.  Had such a good snow year last season I tried to spend as much time riding as I could.  It helps a lot when you can ride from your house.  The Sled fleet has changed some, It consists of all polaris machines now.  '13  Assault 800, 07 Switchback 600, and '11 550 IQ fan for the boy.
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you...

Sleds:
2013 Polaris Switchback Assault 144 800
2007 Polaris Switchback 600 Wife's sled
1997 Arctic Cat Puma DLX 340 has more time on it last  season than the above sleds.

MNUSA

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Re: Checking in
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 01:03:39 PM »
You'll have to call me if you ever slum down to the UP this year ! Try to get the old gang back together..... Snopork came over last year to visit me, that was really cool to see him and go for a day ride by me. Of course, he was spoiled rotten b/c I had incredible snow last year, first time in 10 years owning that place. This was the most ground cover I had ever seen my me ! Approximately five feet !  :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm rolling 50/50 on 4 machines 2 Polaris and 2 Ski Doo this year. Newer / primary machines are Polaris 2018 &2014 models with 144 tracks)

Offline 6Mile

• Waconia, MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 08:14:23 AM »
We make it to the UP once a year for a guys trip to South Range at the Wildlife refuge cabins.  Sometimes when he snow is not all that good in MN we make more trips to the up.  Last year we had suck good now in MN late in the winter, there was no reason to even load the machines on the trailer.
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you...

Sleds:
2013 Polaris Switchback Assault 144 800
2007 Polaris Switchback 600 Wife's sled
1997 Arctic Cat Puma DLX 340 has more time on it last  season than the above sleds.

MNUSA

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 08:49:32 AM »
We make it to the UP once a year for a guys trip to South Range at the Wildlife refuge cabins.  Sometimes when he snow is not all that good in MN we make more trips to the up.  Last year we had suck good now in MN late in the winter, there was no reason to even load the machines on the trailer.

We had great conditions all season, but a couple times a year, I'll load up and trailer 1 hour further North, just to get a change in scenery... One bad thing about having a base camp is the fact that I know the area a little too well now. Nice to explore or revisit old watering holes....

Offline ZiRT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 11:31:54 AM »
Still checking in once or twice a month. I always get the itch this time of year, and get big plans to ride in my head, then end up doing other things and only going a few times.  Didn't even go to the Big East show this year- first one I've missed since it started 20+ years ago. Tired of paying $100 (with ticket, gas, meals, etc) just to go have someone try to sell me something I can get elsewhere for the same or better price.  My boy and I did go to a grass drag/swap meet that has been a pretty regular tradition. Attendance was way up this year after falling off the past few.  Probably get the sleds looked over and ready one of these upcoming weekends, maybe even dig the trailer out of it's storage spot- it hasn't seen the road in years, and I've been good with that, but I'm thinking I may have the urge to use it this season.

Offline AdrenalineJunkie

• Trump Train is rollin coal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 01:43:54 PM »
planning more vintage riding, and may even pick up a early 2k's Cat for some local rides. Still on the 015 gsx1200 for the northern big rides. Sad to see this place so slow.
"Sometimes we choose to make our own cross to carry, sometimes we are given it"

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 12:24:26 PM »
Sledding is still high priority in my life.  Waiting on my 2020 Indy XC850 137 to come in. Right now it's great the Cardinals have returned to MLB NLCS!!!
Summer SUCKS!!