Author Topic: Mercer trip planned  (Read 481 times)

Offline SnoSub

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
Mercer trip planned
« on: January 06, 2020, 11:41:21 PM »
I will be in Mercer in a few weeks on a snowmobile trip with my old snowmobile club from Illinois. The some of them have connections with a 2 Man Band called Burn N Bush based off their last names of Burnette and Bushman.  They got them a gig at the Beaver.  The club thought they should make shirts to commemorate the event. I thought some of you might enjoy as the shirts hearken back to the porker run days.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 07:55:05 AM by SnoSub »

Offline snopork

• View Profile
Re: Mercer trip planned
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 07:32:27 AM »
I'll probably see you around there.  Jim Bergagna and Brad ride with me quite a bit.  and the Beave is only a 10 minute ride away.  Sorry to deflate you - the pole dancing antics of the bartenders are long gone.

Offline 2qik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 11:34:15 AM »
I'll probably see you around there.  Jim Bergagna and Brad ride with me quite a bit.  and the Beave is only a 10 minute ride away.  Sorry to deflate you - the pole dancing antics of the bartenders are long gone.

The last weekend in December we were a few miles from the Beaver but decided to go a different trail.  I was leaning hard toward stopping there, sounds like the place isn't what I would remember from years ago...
Just a typical snowmobiler...

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 01:01:16 PM »
its a normal northwoods stop with decent food and northwoods atmosphere - just not Silver Street like anymore.  of course I blame greeker and the brown boys for all the lewd behavior that occurred earlier

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 03:00:06 PM »
its a normal northwoods stop with decent food and northwoods atmosphere - just not Silver Street like anymore.  of course I blame greeker and the brown boys for all the lewd behavior that occurred earlier
:floor:
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline SnoSub

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 06:58:03 PM »

I guess there must have been too many pictures posted of past customers on the web!  HA HA  Not expecting that kind of entertainment, just thought the shirt might spark spark some memories for you guys.
I think it has been a year or two since I saw Jim and Brad at a snow show.  It will be good to check in with the IL bunch.  Hope to see you there.

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 09:00:28 AM »
Steve, did you retire up there yet? Or still with WDOT?
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline 6Mile

• Waconia, MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 12:22:43 PM »
It sounds like everything has slowed down up there.. The beaver is no longer a semi-pole dancing club?  What is this world coming to...
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you...

Sleds:
2013 Polaris Switchback Assault 144 800
2007 Polaris Switchback 600 Wife's sled
1997 Arctic Cat Puma DLX 340 has more time on it last  season than the above sleds.

MNUSA

Offline Howie

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2020, 01:04:49 AM »
No more pole at the Beaver? Say it ain't so!
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid!
You have 2 ears and 1 mouth. Use them proportionally!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2020, 08:31:05 AM »
I'm not sure any lines were ever crossed at the Beaver, just good old fashion fun.....

As a matter of fact, a great business plan. Bring good looking girls into a sausage fest situation and guys spend much more money ...... Economics 101.....

Offline SnoSub

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2020, 10:10:51 PM »
There's Howie, the shirt master.  Hi Howie.
Dave, in a year I will have 5 years in and then vested for a WI pension so that is the earliest.  I will probably work a couple more years but probably not move from north of Madison.

Offline Howie

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2020, 07:46:31 AM »
There's Howie, the shirt master.  Hi Howie.
Dave, in a year I will have 5 years in and then vested for a WI pension so that is the earliest.  I will probably work a couple more years but probably not move from north of Madison.

Hey Steve. How you guys doing? TC sure misses you!!! New people, things change I guess. Unfortunately not always for the better. Same thing with the clubs here.
My bro bought a cabin/house up in Conover a couple months ago. I'm sure one of these days he would also like to move up there. Not so sure about his wife though!
Was Burn N Bush the band at the Convention in Rfd last time? They were good!
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid!
You have 2 ears and 1 mouth. Use them proportionally!

Offline SnoSub

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2020, 08:40:03 AM »
All is well Howie.  It sure is nice saving 3 hours on every weekend we go up North. And yes, that was Burn N Bush at the convention.