Author Topic: Previous. Name of this site  (Read 790 times)

Offline xcrtom

Previous. Name of this site
« on: December 24, 2020, 04:03:01 PM »
Was this site called something else before it was ultimatesnowmobiler? When I first got on the internet so many years ago I started at Trail Conditions I believe, that imploded so I moved to another site which I canít remember, thinking it was here under a different name. No real need for this discussion, just sitting here with too much time on my hands lol.

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
Re: Previous. Name of this site
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 11:44:41 AM »
Not that I recall. Most of us came here from a site owned by a Mikael Sterner. It imploded
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline xcrtom

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 03:58:34 PM »
Was that Trail Conditions? Whatís happening at HCS seems reminiscent of what happened there as I remember.

Offline Rage'n Renegade

• Administrator
  • ~ Rage'n Renegade ~
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2020, 06:31:18 PM »
There was snowseekers.net.  That and this site were actually one in the same sharing the same forum.   I did not have auto renew set on the domain name and didn't receive the e-mails of it's renewal, so it expired and got away from me.  :mad:  My mistake, totally! I kicked myself for a long time over that because I liked that name.   :( 

« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 06:33:51 PM by Rage'n Renegade »

Offline Hal

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 11:54:56 AM »
The only other name I remember for this site was the nickname "Mayberry". That was from the guys that left TC to come here.
Hal

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2020, 01:13:17 PM »
Was that Trail Conditions? Whatís happening at HCS seems reminiscent of what happened there as I remember.

I think so
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline xcrtom

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2020, 09:23:08 PM »
There was snowseekers.net.  That and this site were actually one in the same sharing the same forum.   I did not have auto renew set on the domain name and didn't receive the e-mails of it's renewal, so it expired and got away from me.  :mad:  My mistake, totally! I kicked myself for a long time over that because I liked that name.   :(
Yes I remember that, I thought that there was another name. Iíve got a brain full of useless knowledge, I just canít always find all of it lol.

Offline Howie

• Donating Members
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2020, 02:19:16 PM »
As I recall TC was Sterner's Follies and this site was called Mayberry by the ones on TC that made it fail.
No one could even ask a question on TC without getting beat down. I think this was far better than TC. Maybe smaller but prolly why it was better. I think its smaller now because Mfgs have made new sleds so high they have lost over half their market and low snow in more locations. :thumbdown:
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid!
You have 2 ears and 1 mouth. Use them proportionally!

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2020, 03:49:24 PM »
As I recall TC was Sterner's Follies and this site was called Mayberry by the ones on TC that made it fail.
No one could even ask a question on TC without getting beat down. I think this was far better than TC. Maybe smaller but prolly why it was better. I think its smaller now because Mfgs have made new sleds so high they have lost over half their market and low snow in more locations. :thumbdown:

There are several member's here that passed away, and a lot that quit sledding
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline xcrtom

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2020, 06:51:19 PM »
I still love to ride! I have better equipment than I have ever had and money to afford the sport, but too many bad winters are starting to wear me down. Iím getting tired of waiting for snow! Of course one good ride will make me forget all that......

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2020, 10:16:10 AM »
Me too Tom
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2021, 12:18:55 PM »
I still love to ride! I have better equipment than I have ever had and money to afford the sport, but too many bad winters are starting to wear me down. Iím getting tired of waiting for snow! Of course one good ride will make me forget all that......

Last winter started out as a real pain in the patukas.
Literately to much snow too early. It was difficult to freeze our swamps down but ended up with some really great trails.
We closed the second Tuesday of March. Well into Supplemental funding.
This year opening trails was way better, simpler with one exception. We did stick one groomer but it was right below a highway, pretty easy to unstuck all things considered.
And the Heavy duty tow truck owner was very kind to us.

This week has been a little busy. Monday a 50 mile ride, Tuesday 70 miles, Wednesday a working 40 mile ride checking some trails, Thursday 100 miles, took Friday off  ;), Saturday 125 miles with a scattered crew. One from Madisonish  Wi, another from Rice Lakeish area of Wis, and three from surrounding the Twin Cities.
Trails are getting thin and snirty but for the conditions yesterday it wasn't too bad all things considered. Even riding through the City of Superior.

And the next club to the south of us has snirt.  :(

LLAP

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2021, 12:21:04 PM »

Still have a pulse, still riding. Retired 5 years.
LLAP

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • IRIS Contracting
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2021, 04:28:24 PM »
TrailConditions.Com

When it first started registration was not required so everyone had several "Handles" as well as personalities. I recall Moon Disc being a moderator there for a while.
I could argue with myself for a week using different handles...
I understand the dilemma. Correct spelling takes time that could be spent licking the windows on the short bus.

Offline Hal

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2021, 05:10:04 PM »

I have been retired for eight years and still riding. That was until my lower unit stopped working. Seen the doctor on Monday and she stuck a catheter in my until. She drained 3.175 liters of urine out of my bladder. I will be seeing a urologist on the 19th, so I should have a better idea about being able to ride the rest of the winter.

Still have a pulse, still riding. Retired 5 years.
Hal